Native Instruments Kore

cortexx

Anyone used it yet ?

Whats the console like ?

is it as good as the NI website sayes it is ?

Will it get me laid more often ?

seriously though I have been looking for something to man-handle my VST instruments and after following a few suggestions i may buy Kore.

cheers ;)

You might get more responses in the Keyboard forum or in Midi Mania.

I've been looking at it too, and they say you 'need at least one Native Instruments plugin' to make it worthwhile but as to exactly what that means I dunno.

In the Sound on Sound review they said it was kind of like the IPod --- filling a need we didn't know we had but it becomes obvious after it's been on the market for a while. They say it's well built and the knobs are smooth and solid.

As far as I can tell it pulls together all your plugins, you're responsible for categorizing the sounds ('sharp', 'warm', 'squishy', 'plasticy', etc.) and then you go. Oh yeah --- you need to decide on a per-plug basis which parameters you want the eight front-panel knobs tied to.

As you may be able to tell, the whole Kore thing doesn't exactly light me up. At least not right now.

Yea I like the idea of what they say it can do and I wanted a way to use my plugins without having to open cubase , create a project and open up the vst instruments to use them.

I already have Native Instruments battery for rhythm sample manipulation, but im wondering if Kore would be useful to integrate everything. Especially my virus control program that comes with my virus ti.

I dont want to base my decision on reviews and their website , rather on peoples personal experience with this package. :o

I'm really digging it so far. I just bought Kore w/ NI Komplete 3. I don't think with Komplete that it would be anything that special, maybe in the longer term it would be once third party companies make their plug ins with Kore's filing system in mind and make a .ksd (koresound) version of their plugs.

Using it w/ Komplete though is where it really makes sense. It organizes you 11,000 presets very well!

I'm really digging it so far. I just bought Kore w/ NI Komplete 3. I don't think with Komplete that it would be anything that special, maybe in the longer term it would be once third party companies make their plug ins with Kore's filing system in mind and make a .ksd (koresound) version of their plugs.

Using it w/ Komplete though is where it really makes sense. It organizes you 11,000 presets very well!

Back