Using ChatGPT to create a song

ConsciousGrooves

I'm sharing with you my research.

I wrote draft lyrics for a song.

Then I decided to use AI to help me refine and create a song.

I have not yet recorded the song, but I intend to do it.

If you are interested in participating in this experiment, please let me know.

Curious to find a melody for the lyrics. I have some ideas...

After going back and forth with AI, the lyrics became this:

In the hushed stillness, I met the Divine,
A breath between dream and waking's design.
Was it truly God, or some ethereal sign?
Beyond mortal bounds, where words fail to align.

Its vastness, a tapestry woven fine,
Eludes the mind, but to the soul it inclines.
Dancing shadows, where spirit and mystery entwine,
Silent realms, where whispered truths are the only chime.

In this fleeting embrace, ineffably sublime,
I found truths beyond reason, beyond time.
Though skeptics may scoff, their voices chime,
The sacred song remains, an eternal rhyme.

In sharing this vision, a sacred climb,
I bridge realms of belief, in a poetic line.
For truths, though unseen, in our hearts they shine,
Bright as stars, in the night's quiet prime.

Then, I asked AI to create a song structure with chords, and instruments. I tried a few genre, but ended up with this idea:

Suggest a structure in the best style to fit the lyrics:

ChatGPT
Certainly. Given the profound, introspective, and ethereal nature of the lyrics, a style that captures these elements would be ideal. A blend of atmospheric, ambient soundscapes reminiscent of bands like Enigma, Dead Can Dance, or even some Pink Floyd moments might suit this best. This genre often blurs the line between rock, world music, and ambient.

Verse 1:
[Em] In the hushed stillness, I met the [Am] Divine,
[D] A breath between dream and waking's [G] design.
[Em] Was it truly God, or some ethereal [Am] sign?
[D] Beyond mortal bounds, where words fail to [G] align.

Instrumental Transition: Soft echoing guitar with ambient keyboard pads, gentle tribal-like percussions, and maybe some ethereal vocal chants in the background.

Verse 2:
[Em] Its vastness, a tapestry woven [Am] fine,
[D] Eludes the mind, but to the soul it [G] inclines.
[Em] Dancing shadows, where spirit and mystery [Am] entwine,
[D] Silent realms, where whispered truths are the only [G] chime.

Chorus:
[C] In this fleeting embrace, ineffably [D] sublime,
[Em] I found truths beyond reason, beyond [Am] time.
[C] Though skeptics may scoff, their voices [D] chime,
[G] The sacred song remains, an eternal [Em] rhyme.

Instrumental Bridge: Incorporate instruments like the duduk, hang drum, or other world instruments for a haunting, mystical interlude. A soft guitar or piano could play a melancholic melody.

Verse 3:
[Em] In sharing this vision, a sacred [Am] climb,
[D] I bridge realms of belief, in a poetic [G] line.
[Em] For truths, though unseen, in our hearts they [Am] shine,
[D] Bright as stars, in the night's quiet [G] prime.

Chorus:
[C] In this fleeting embrace, ineffably [D] sublime,
[Em] I found truths beyond reason, beyond [Am] time.
[C] Though skeptics may scoff, their voices [D] chime,
[G] The sacred song remains, an eternal [Em] rhyme.

Outro: Gentle fade with ambient sounds, echoing chants or whispers, and a soft lingering note on a synth or guitar.

With this approach, the music would truly complement the profound and spiritual nature of the lyrics, immersing the listener in a meditative and reflective experience.

Last edited:
When I was first reading the lyrics, I was thinking about how this would go with a classic Yes type of composition, from the Fragile/Close to the Edge period, or maybe Going For The One. I could almost hear Jon Anderson's voice singing.

P
I wrote draft lyrics for a song.

Then I decided to use AI to help me refine and create a song.
Post your draft lyrics for the sake of comparing your draft lyrics versus ChatGPT, AI generated lyrics.

For the sake of discussion: Suppose it that after you record the song, the song became a tremendous hit, and won a Grammy award for "Song of The Year", or "Best Lyrics". Would you be comfortable standing on stage to accept the award, knowing damn well it was all fraudulent?

Post your draft lyrics.

P

Post your draft lyrics for the sake of comparing your draft lyrics versus ChatGPT, AI generated lyrics.

For the sake of discussion: Suppose it that after you record the song, the song became a tremendous hit, and won a Grammy award for "Song of The Year", or "Best Lyrics". Would you be comfortable standing on stage to accept the award, knowing damn well it was all fraudulent?

Post your draft lyrics.
It's just an experiment. I would not try to sell or pretend anything. The original poem was a starting point, I added AI to add, change the tone, add more, re-do, etc.

The original text I fed to AI what this:

I met the divine. It was the best day of my life. It seemed unreal but it couldn't be more, maybe. I met the divine. Something that fits the unclear definition of an unclear concept, is often sold as fiction or fantasy. This thing called divine is beyond the possibility of words, I cannot explain the vast and limitless boundary, that human consciousness can't comprehend. But possibly sometimes feel and touch at the soul level merging into the spirit of realms living outside of trust. When I met the divine, trying to communicate something impossible, is easy to negate, I need not forget, the relationship is burned in my memory, and now outwardly perhaps communicate, maybe.

Last edited:
Using AI to refine and create a song is a cool experiment. The lyrics you've shared have this deep, ethereal vibe that I really dig.
As for the music style, it's awesome how you've got that atmospheric, ambient sound in mind. Enigma and Pink Floyd vibes can add a unique touch to the song, making it a mesmerizing experience. Incorporating instruments like duduk and hang drum is a brilliant idea for that mystical feel.
I'm excited to hear how it turns out when you record it! If you ever need more inspiration or ideas, don't forget about ChatGPT Resume Prompts. They can be a fantastic anchor for sparking creativity and helping with songwriting.

Last edited:
I know nothing of writing lyrics - so I wrote a tune that seemed to fit the first line and the rythm. However - while the lyrics read OK, I'm struggling with fitting the amount of syllables in - the words as blocks, fit, but the syllables don't so the difference between human and machine is tricky. I might be able to make them fit, but the diction involved to fit in quick syllables is really hard. Probably totally me being er, less skillful, with the words, but when you even read them out loud, some lines are much longer than they appear, if you get what I mean?

Using AI to refine and create a song is a cool experiment. The lyrics you've shared have this deep, ethereal vibe that I really dig.
As for the music style, it's awesome how you've got that atmospheric, ambient sound in mind. Enigma and Pink Floyd vibes can add a unique touch to the song, making it a mesmerizing experience. Incorporating instruments like duduk and hang drum is a brilliant idea for that mystical feel.
I'm excited to hear how it turns out when you record it! If you ever need more inspiration or ideas, don't forget about ChatGPT Resume Prompts. They can be a fantastic anchor for sparking creativity and helping with songwriting.
That almost sounds like it was written by ChatGPT... lol

Back