NAD!!!!! Ceriatone Chupacabra 50w

minerman

Tonetard
Hey guy
Well, it finally arrived, & so far, I'm pretty happy with it...Haven't even scratched the surface of what tones it's capable of, & it's got a crazy amount of gain, but so far, it rocks...

The guy I bought it from did a great job packing this thing, check out the packing job he did:

He even put a couple pieces of paneling in the top & bottom of the box to keep the amp secure & safe:

I have to hand it to the guy, he did a great job on the packing, & has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, if all the used gear deals were like this, there wouldn't be any trouble for anyone...

I didn't plug it into my 4x12, as I'd probably get the cops, & just don't want the hassle, but I'll do that tomorrow for sure...

I'm still learning what switch does what (the "era" switch in particular, I've figured out centered is "regular" plexi, no doubt, as the gain is much lower, & the volume is beastly...:D.flip it either way, & the volume goes down while the gain goes up...), & getting a feel for the amp, but it's definitely got all kinds of different tones just waiting to be found...I'm gonna pm the guy I bought it from to get the low-down/explanation on the switches...The 2 bright switches do exactly what you'd think, add tons of high end, but they also change the gain structure too...

So, for about an hour of fucking around with it, I'm pretty happy guys....There are 2 things I'm not sure about though:

1) there's a buzz when not playing (like a bad connection/cord), could be a pre-amp tube, could be a lot of things...I'll have to try & see if I can figure this out....It's not a deal breaker, but again, I need to get it figured out...

2) when the era switch is engaged either left or right, the volume drops considerably (until you get the master up to about 7-8 that is)...again, not a deal breaker, & could be user error over here, I literally un-boxed it, hooked it up to my ISO cab, plugged in my LP & started fucking with the knobs & switches...

Here's some pics:

I'll take some better pictures tomorrow, my cell phone does pretty good during the day, but at night in this room, it's shitty....The Marshall logo is actually gold plated, but doesn't show very well in these pics...

And, here's a short, shitty clip:

Chupacabra clip #1

Signal chain:

LP > Chupa > ISO Cab Greenback > '57

Amp settings:

Resonance: 5
Presence: 8
Bass: 5
Mid: 5
Treble: 5
Master: 2.5
Gain 2: 8
Gain 1: 8
Era switch: centered ("regular" plexi)
Bright 2: left
Bright 1: left

So, I've finally got my hot-rodded super lead I've been wanting all this time...Hard to believe (for myself anyway) I've gotten all this new gear this year, as if I hadn't gotten out of the situation I was in, I'd never have anything, literally....

And, this will be the last "big" thing I buy for a while, I've went completely ape-shit buying up gear this summer, so I'm gonna buckle down & make do with what I've got, gear-wise for awhile, other than something "small" like a new/different mic or something...

Life is good for a change over here guys....:D.s,

Haha, congrats dude! Finally got there huh? Yeah it sounds pretty good. It definitely has that classic Marshall sound. It'll just get better and better as you figure it out. Turn that bitch up now. :D

Why is divorce expensive?

---------- Update ----------

Because it's worth it!

Back