My new Tascam 388 (some questions)

hansgauffin

Hi there, just recently bought a Tascam 388 for 350$.
nice cosmetic condition except for a couple of things.
track 8 seems to quite dead, distorted signal with playback and recording, just had it for three days and haven´t had the time to fully test it to see what the problem might be. I will take some time today trying to figure out what the problem is, is there a certain way to do this, how do I identify the problem??

Track 3 also distorts when recording to it´s inputs, but you can record tracks on it by using other inputs and reassign them to track 3.

And another problem,,, When I tried the access jacks on of the sockets fell off::eek:
I put the socket away thinking I´d fix it later and went ahead on another channel instead, same thing there, the socket fell off when I plugged the cable into it!! A few minutes later I sat with 6 sockets in my hands, all from the access jacks and one from the input on track 5... I tried to put these things together but I had a really hard time, and did not succeed. Any tips on how this should be done. The inputs works anyway even if loose and put in place together with the cable, but I have to fix it sometime anyway.

If this is TOO hard to fix, can I buy a patchbay and connect every access snd/rtn from the studio 8 into the patchbay and always have them connected this way. Then I wont worry about them being loose????

Sorry if the questions is kind of stupid, but I am not really technical and also new to analog recording, but what the hack, if you don´t ask then you don´t learn..

Have a nice day, and thanx for the quick responses :)

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that you'll probably get more responses in the Analog Only forum, so you may want to re-post there. Those guys are very quick to offer great advice.

Back