My Freaky Lawyer

Like this one a lot!. Only small nit on mix is; crash on right is weak in comparison to crash on left. This may be what you want and that's cool, it's just something I noticed.

Really good balance, everything sounds good to me except distorted guitar, they seem a bit boomy but that might just be me, nice job

einstein - I'll give a listen to the crashes. I didn't notice that myself - and I''d prefer they be balanced. So I'll check it out.

Vigo - thanks for listening. I was scared the distorted guitars would sound too thin. So knowing that at least one person thinks they're borderline boomy actually makes me feel good. In a strange way. :)

Sounds like you're reaching for a couple of notes in the intro. Vocals are good otherwise. Great to hear Rami lock down the rythym section. Drums could come up a little, and overall I'd like a bit more bottom end. Very nice collab gentlemen

Hi! Cool song, great guitar sound and playing. I like your vocal delivery but tend to agree with others it's just at the tipping point of going into falsetto/out of tune. Background vox in chorus are sung well - but I think they are crowding the lead vocal. I would try cutting lows and boosting highs, then adjusting level. The "oohs" sound great. Nice work!

- Paul

Bullsy - thanks for the listen. I'm going to work out my voice for a few days, and retrack the intro. Another vote for bringing up the drums. At first I didn't agree, but I better go back and listen.

fpr3 - thanks man. Glad you liked the song.

It does sound like it was sung after a night of booze and gaspers.
I like the acoustic intro.
Bass is just a tiny bit loud - to my ears it should match the kick for level.
Cool drums and the bass locks in pretty well too.
I like the differences between the panned guitars -
The vocals sound like the bloke from Yes trying to rock but in a good way.

Another cracking tune Trip. Everyone else has already covered all the mix in's and out's so I'll just say I enjoyed it and it sounds pretty damn good here.

Love the key change :thumbs up:

*EDIT* Nice drumming Rami ;)

Whoa - I missed ray's comments. Sorry 'bout that. Thanks ray.

And thank you to Mr. Clean and Anonyme as well.

I have plans to punch the vocal in the intro tonight after work. I had intended to let this thread fall. But since it bubbled back up, I'll post a remix. I plan to incorporate a couple of people's comments - lower guitar in the verses, raise the drums.

First! lol - only nit is the drums could come up a hair and the lead vocal sounds a little strained (just a little too high for you to sing comfortably).
The vocals definitely don't need to come up IMHO the volume is perfect for me. The rest is good too. Reminds me totally of Breaking Bad!

Thanks ido. Yeah it's hard to sing. I just wanted to get a version done without any pitchiness. Singing it without vocal chord strain was just out of the question. :)

I never got in to Breaking Bad. Oh well.

Back