Nobody Home

packrobottom

Hey what can I say on a Pink Floyd kick last couple weeks. Played everything here and sing on this one. Went down the rabbit hole including getting original Gomer Pyle tv audio from the 60s. Also recreated all the sound effects in intro. For the strings I used Lass3. Brass I used cinebrass. Piano is Garritan CFX. (do they sound real?). Mixed everything with just UAD plugins. It's time to move on from the mix unless anyone finds any deal breakers. This is maybe the only song I've ever recorded without guitar lol. Thanks for listening.

96hz 24 wav

mp3 below for the peasants. JK

Attachments

• NobodyHome.mp3
    3 MB
Last edited:
Overall pretty nice. I'm not familiar with the song. Some observations - the delay on the vocal seems distracting at times. Is it really needed? The mix seems to be a lot of pads, and a piano. Needs some other lead type instruments. Electric guitar? Sax? Something. Anything?

Quite listenable. Just needs a bit more, imo.

And thanks for posting a copy on this site. A bit easier to access that way.

I like it, it gets close enough to the original to be a job well done in reproducing it. The vocal could cut through better when the mix gets busy and I agree with dachay2tnr, who cares that Floyd never put guitar on this, you could create that version and it might sound great.

Challenge thrown down!

Hey what can I say on a Pink Floyd kick last couple weeks. Played everything here and sing on this one. Went down the rabbit hole including getting original Gomer Pyle tv audio from the 60s. Also recreated all the sound effects in intro. For the strings I used Lass3. Brass I used cinebrass. Piano is Garritan CFX. (do they sound real?). Mixed everything with just UAD plugins. It's time to move on from the mix unless anyone finds any deal breakers. This is maybe the only song I've ever recorded without guitar lol. Thanks for listening.

96hz 24 wav

mp3 below for the peasants. JK
Nice job dude. I dig that song. You did it right.

The vocal could cut through better when the mix gets busy
Yeah, this. I wanted to hear the vocal more clearly all the way through actually. Good cover. (I clicked on the link without realizing this is a Floyd song. I heard the first few lyrics and thought 'Whoa! Awesome - who is this guy?' lol)

Back