My first EP Songs to Run to

The kick is super loud and overpowering everything else. The snare, especially, sounds wimpy by comparison.

There are some instruments - like the synth in the intro - that are a little on the harsh side. The synthisized vocalization was another instance.

The bass synth sounded cool to my ear.

The kick is super loud and overpowering everything else. The snare, especially, sounds wimpy by comparison.

There are some instruments - like the synth in the intro - that are a little on the harsh side. The synthisized vocalization was another instance.

The bass synth sounded cool to my ear.

Appreciate the critique. Is the just for the first track "The Jungle" or overall for most of the tracks?

Jungle - Yeah I'd turn the kick down a bit. There is a pad that's too loud in the intro, but I think it's the second one that comes in. The panning delays sound really good, nice job with those.

Moving - I think you'd get a better vibe from dropping the loud "error", noise instrument out completely instead of bringing it back in at 0:25. Letting it drop out would give it that distorted, error, chaos, malfunction-feel better than it continuing when the instruments kick in. Very nice break at 0:59. Love the tail of the verb at 1:34.

Care - I think that distorted bass synth could use a break by now, but I understand you must really like it. I love the vocal parts in this...really good choices and fx there. The repeating guitar solo melody is great too. Like this one a lot.

Bday - lots of the same sounds I've heard already. Similar tempo. Similar fx. hey, they're all really good, but I know you can branch out of those comfort areas. You don't want it to seem like you have a synth with only 12 sounds to choose from (um, unless you do maybe). But your writing and breakdowns are very good...just like to see a little more variety in the tones/sounds/shapes of everything. This one was less memorable for me. Mixed well, just not as strong a hook as Care.

Siege - interesting hook. Glad to hear a few new sounds. You're very good at letting the attention-grabbers grab attention. Nice job focusing the heavy mix on what's important at each time. That means good EQ work, panning, and overall balance.

Air - much welcomed tempo change. Like a breath of.... OOHHH! I get it. :)

Good work man. Nice production. I'd like to hear more variety in tone on the next tracks/release. I enjoyed them all though, nicely done.

Jungle - Yeah I'd turn the kick down a bit. There is a pad that's too loud in the intro, but I think it's the second one that comes in. The panning delays sound really good, nice job with those.

Moving - I think you'd get a better vibe from dropping the loud "error", noise instrument out completely instead of bringing it back in at 0:25. Letting it drop out would give it that distorted, error, chaos, malfunction-feel better than it continuing when the instruments kick in. Very nice break at 0:59. Love the tail of the verb at 1:34.

Care - I think that distorted bass synth could use a break by now, but I understand you must really like it. I love the vocal parts in this...really good choices and fx there. The repeating guitar solo melody is great too. Like this one a lot.

Bday - lots of the same sounds I've heard already. Similar tempo. Similar fx. hey, they're all really good, but I know you can branch out of those comfort areas. You don't want it to seem like you have a synth with only 12 sounds to choose from (um, unless you do maybe). But your writing and breakdowns are very good...just like to see a little more variety in the tones/sounds/shapes of everything. This one was less memorable for me. Mixed well, just not as strong a hook as Care.

Siege - interesting hook. Glad to hear a few new sounds. You're very good at letting the attention-grabbers grab attention. Nice job focusing the heavy mix on what's important at each time. That means good EQ work, panning, and overall balance.

Air - much welcomed tempo change. Like a breath of.... OOHHH! I get it. :)

Good work man. Nice production. I'd like to hear more variety in tone on the next tracks/release. I enjoyed them all though, nicely done.

I just saw this now. Thanks for taking all of this time. I really do appreciate it.

Back