MS16 Pinch Rollers

James K

Hi,
I've been getting a bit too much wow and flutter on my Tascam MS16 and I think it needs a new pinch roller. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get hold of one?

Thanks
James

If you are sure your problem is the pinch roller and not other issues, I think I would tend to seek out getting yours re-conditioned. Even if you find an NOS pinch roller there is good reason to think that time has already taken its toll on it. Many people here recommend Terry's for this reconditioning process, and I have only read positive comments about his work. I cannot vouch personally as I have not enlisted his services. I re-rubber my rollers myself.

The problem is, I'm in England so I don't really want to post my pinch roller to America. I seem to have now fixed the problem though. I spoke to Clive Kavan about it and he said it was probably due to too much back tension... and it was.

The question is, should I still look for a new pinch roller or is it possible that mine's fine?

If the surface of the rubber isn't cracked, pitted or so hardened and shiny as to have lost its grip, then yes, it's still fine.

Cheers! :)

The problem is, I'm in England so I don't really want to post my pinch roller to America. I seem to have now fixed the problem though. I spoke to Clive Kavan about it and he said it was probably due to too much back tension... and it was.

The question is, should I still look for a new pinch roller or is it possible that mine's fine?

Talk to terry, I am in Oz and needed a roller for a MSR16, he sent me a roller he had in stock so I did not have to send him mine for recon.

Alan.

Alan,
I need a counter roller for a MSR 24 and I am in Sydney Australia if you know any one that has one.

I have just received a pinch roller from Terry today 10th August 2013 as he had old new stock.

I am concerned if I send the counter roller and it gets lost I will have a machine of second hand parts!

Alan,
I need a counter roller for a MSR 24 and I am in Sydney Australia if you know any one that has one.

I have just received a pinch roller from Terry today 10th August 2013 as he had old new stock.

I am concerned if I send the counter roller and it gets lost I will have a machine of second hand parts!

I am going to the studio wednesday, I will have a look if I have an old spongy counter roller laying around suitable for reconditioning.

Cheers
Alan.

Back