MP3 Artist/Title Encoding

punkin

Univalve & Avatar Speaks
Sorry if I'm in the wrong area...wasn't sure where to post this.

I frequently burn "demo" stuff to CD and listen while in the car. I usually do this in .wav but recently I accidentally encoded a bunch of tunes to MP3 while exporting from SONAR 7. When I burned the CD I used windows XP by simply dragging the files to the CD drive then burned as a music disk.

So, I'm bored one night while sitting in the hotel and put the CD into my laptop and opened it up with Windows Media Player. I noticed that none of the Artist, track information etc was being displayed. This weekend I got back home and looked at the original copies which were on my DAW. The MP3 files did have this information but it doesn't appear on the CD copy.

What's up with that? What is everyone else using to ensure artist information is included onto their mp3 files?

By the sounds of it, you made an audio CD, not a disk of mp3's. Which is probably what happens when you burn as a music disk. This would probably be why. If you want to make a disk of mp3's, you should just do it as a data disk.

As far as having the artist/track names on the songs on an audio CD goes, Windows won't transfer them directly from the ID tags on the mp3s when you make a music disk using the usual method. I use Nero to burn the stuff with CDtext instead.

ok... I get it now. I went back and burned another copy as a data disc and as you suggested, the tags stayed.

Thanks! Don't do this very often, interesting disc-overy :D

Back