Metadata, Wav Files and Kunaki... Showing My Age

Nate74

HR4FREBR
I've used Kunaki before and just uploaded my wav files, however they've come out of my DAW. But recently I did a project for my own band and was told by the singer's son, "make sure you get the metadata in there right this time."

3 hours of internet research later and I have questions:

I understand that wav files can't actually include metadata, so how do I get that information onto the CD if I'm submitting wav files?

I've read that you can submit the metadata in a separate file along with your wav files, but I see nowhere on the Kunaki website where I can submit the metadata separately. Is that just they way they operate and keep prices so low?

If I submit MP3 or AAC files will they support the metadata? Will it end up on the CD that way?

Yeah, been out of the game a while... showing my age.

TIA
Nate

I would ask what *kind* (format) of metadata they want, and if necessary, have someone do a pre-check on the file.

There may be someone here with Kunaki experience. They do support an ISO format, so you could get something like the app(s) from HOFA and create the full CD image and just send that. Costs some money for the apps, though.

I can use the Kid3 app (OS X) and put metadata into WAV files, and it'll stick there, i.e., converting to other formats seems to carry along, but don't know if it would work on that site. AIFF might be a friendlier non-lossy format for ID tagging, since the ID tags *will* get carried along with the file. (Both WAV and AIFF support some metadata in "chunks" that are specific to the format - you'd need to know if that's what they're looking for.)

MP3 files wouldn't be my choice for creating an audio CD.

Back