Motif es6 or Triton Extreme or Both for Sounds?

mhshoops99

Interested in buying a couple Keyboards for a soon to be built studio? Hip hop and R&B is genre of music. Would you go Motif es6 or Trition Extreme or both? Also give me some names of other keyboards that would be useful?

If you can afford both, then get them. :p

I have a KORG KARMA (Downloaded with TRITON sounds) and A MOTIF6 Classic and they compliment each other well. :D

Of coarse go to the music store and play on them in first and that will help with your decision as well.

Cheers :)

I like the Yamaha ES series better than the Korg as far as sound quality. WAY better. I have no idea as far as functuality/interface though. The triton EXTREME does sound better than the other tritons though IMO.

what is your budget..if its limited,then having two keyboards with all the bells and whistles is a waste...what type of rap ,are you interested in doing? This may have bearing as far as what keyboard...of course all work fine.For R&B I would definatley go with a MOTIF ES ,Rap..I would go with the FANTOM X....If I could only have 1 it would be the fantom....
If your budget is a bit higher I recommend getting an MPC If you dont mind used I would buy everything used....some of the mpc diffenet models have different functions,and some have different sound qualities...So depending on what your needs are would determine that....I personally wouldnt use those keyboards sequncers or samplers...on paper the specs are good but lack the character often used in Hip Hop and R@B..and I know some may come say you can tweak this and that and it aint what you have but what you put in it..sure some things can be tweaked,but certain things you cant duplicate...its really a no brainer but some are stuborn and gotta learn the hard way..
So My recomendation if budget is just a bit more but worth it,would be
1.MPC3000,4000,60,2500,2000xl..take your pick....---your sequencer,and drums,samples
2.fantomx rack--for all your strings,electric pianos,horns etc
3.studio electronics SE1 or ATC---- for basses and leads

of course when it comes to keyboards and modules, its all about what sound you are trying to get. with the set-up I listed,if...IF.IF..you have talent to make beats then you will be able to duplicate any style or sound of a producer that influences you.You wont have to worry about software issues,viruses etc..Basically power up and create.

Now I have other recomendations if you are more influenced by say..old school hip hop...priemere/pete rock

BRIEFCASEMANX said:
I like the Yamaha ES series better than the Korg as far as sound quality. WAY better. I have no idea as far as functuality/interface though. The triton EXTREME does sound better than the other tritons though IMO.
the triton extreme is basically a regular triton with the expansion cards filled.....yeah it has that valve force..wich is cool,but if thats your buying point not sounds then you can run your motif,or whatever through an effects of some sort/tubes

just to touch up when i said having two keyboards with all the bells and whistles is a waste...i didnt mean its a waste to have more then one keyboard......Im saying get the rack units

mhshoops99 said:
Why the rack units over actual keyboard?
the reason being you only need one keyboard as a midi controler,the rrack is cheaper and takes up less space,and you can keep these in a rack with all other sound modules.
If you use an mpc to sequence and sample....why pay for the sequencer and sampler on the key version that you will never use? Rack units are generally just all the sounds in the key version without the keys.

Back