Most disgusting, dissonant chord

The Most Disgusting, Ugly Chord Possible...

...is when someone plays any normal chord on a guitar that is out of tune.

famous beagle said:
e---0---
B---6---
G---0---
D---6---
A---0---
E---6---

And, of course, it's lesser known cousin:
e---0---
B---4---
G---0---
D---4---
A---0---
E---4---

*shudder*

I am sorry why would you play an E, F. Bb, G, Ab, A chord?
It's a E-9mFlat5 sus4. It's just a bunch of notes thrown together. Can you name a song that chord is in?

Played in a drop tuning. Drop D tuning will work as well.

d---0---
A---6---
F---0---
C---4---
G---6---
C---0---

Try playing it like this... lol... this cord is a whore to hold.

d---4---
A---6---
F---0---
C---4---
G---6---
C---0---

allrics said:
It's a E-9mFlat5 sus4. It's just a bunch of notes thrown together. Can you name a song that chord is in?
Not yet, but give jessiemichaelgarcia a few minutes and I'll bet he'll write one for us... :D

loads of gain

e:---------------------
b:-16-16-16-------16--
g:-14-14-14-------14--
d:-14-14-14-------14--
a:------------0-0------
d:------------0-0------

cruchy clean

e:--8--
B:--6--
G:--9--
D:--7--
A:--0--
D:--0--

The most dissonant guitar chords use clusters of semitones together e.g. E F F# G G# A
To play them on the guitar some have to be shifted up/down an octave - but if you're looking for dissonant guitar chords, this is about as dissonant as it gets!

Disgusting dissonant Chords!

These are some of the most disgusting dissonant guitar sounds you can play on the guitar:
A New Guitar Chord Every Day: dissonant chords

All of these chords use clusters of semitones e.g. E F F# G G# A
To play them on the guitar some have to be shifted up/down an octave - but if you're looking for dissonant guitar chords, this is about as dissonant as it gets!

The most dissonant guitar chords use clusters of semitones together e.g. E F F# G G# A

I'm guessing that after nearly nine years this one may have been sorted but thanks for the tip....

Well, nasty is a good thing.
Nastiest sounding chord I can muster is an open E chord from a les Paul going into a 100 watt Marshall stack turned all the way up into distortionville

Back