Mixing software for Chromebook?

whistlingbadger

Hi, all. I'm looking for a mixing program for Chromebook. I've used Audacity with good success, but it doesn't work with Chromebook. Most recently I mixed a project with Soundation, but I'm not completely satisfied with it. I only need mixing and effects; I don't need anything too fancy and I don't care about sampling, beats, and all that. (I record acoustic music with a zoom h4, if that matters)

And I'm hoping to find something free or close to it (Audacity got me spoiled)

Any recommendations?

I am new to the forum. I noticed the question for recording to a Chromebook and thought this might be a good place to start. I'm retired in my mid-60's now. As a younger man in my 20s and 30s I played bass and sang in a rock band. Now they call it Classic Rock. I was introduced to recording studios back before cell phones, tablets, home computers, and the internet. I've been all acoustic for some time now with a 6 string guitar, 5 string banjo and 4 string bass. I'm interested in building a small home studio to record just me playing all the instruments, vocals and harmony for bluegrass gospel songs I'm writing. I'm not looking to build a career or anything. I just enjoy it and have no one to play or perform with. With that, my limited recording studio experience is very old school. All this interface and computer programs for mixing and recording is new to me. Can anyone walk me through what gear I might find useful that is also compatible with my Chromebook? My acoustic instruments are also electric and I'd be using a condenser mic for vocals. No drums as they are not really needed in acoustic bluegrass gospel music. And finally, being retired and now on a fixed income, I don't want to buy cheap junk but I also don't want to break the bank. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Back