Mixdown from 414 mkII to computer

adrianhouse

Hi there, just trying to find the simplest way to mix my music down from my 414 to my computer so I can burn cd's, put it online, etc. I have audacity, tried to just plug the lineout from my recorder into the headphone jack (using rca to 1/8" adapter) and nothing happened. Do I need to get a different sound card or something? Help much appreciated!
Cheers

Hi, not meaning to be annoying but I'm really at my wit's end, have searched extensively online and can't figure out what to do. Talked to a computer store here and they couln't help me. Can someone give me some ideas? Thanks a lot

If there is no Mic or Line input on your computer, which I think would be unusual, then you may want to look into a USB audio interface device, such as the Tascam US-122, or similar.

On my laptop, a fairly capable 2010 Dell Vostro, the Mic input is switchable in the settings for mic/line, as necessary. However, most of the tape to puter dubbing I've ever done was on a desktop with a PCI soundcard Line In connection.

:spank::eek:;)

I did end up finding the line-in on my desktop though, and mixed it down to Audacity on that. Didn't end up in stereo though, i don't think, and I think I had the settings right. Anyhow, it's a start!

Sorry Dude,...

I checked my XP desktops running SB PCI audio cards, and there is no way to set recording resolution thru control panel. Win98 seemed to be different, but that was a while ago since upgrading. We'll assume a standard soundcard is capable of 16-bit stereo @ 44.1KHz.

First, make sure you're using the LINE OUTs from the 414, not the MONITOR OUTs. Line Out would be stereo, Monitor Out would be mono.

I looked at Audacity. Make sure LINE IN is selected for your primary input.
Go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > DEVICES > RECORDING > Device: (your-soundcard) and Channels: 2(stereo).
Go to EDIT > PREFERENCES > QUALITY > Maker sure it says 44100Hz.

That's all I could find. Under normal circumstances my desktop records in stereo using Line In and Audacity. No muss, no fuss.

Good luck!

Cool Man!

I dig your raw sound & use of heavy psychedelic panning. I assume you panned that all by hand on the 414 during mixdown?? It's awesome!:thumbs up:

Back