Miracles by emser

Holy shit. This is awesome.

I almost feel as if the drums should be a bit more "lo-fi" sounding. Maybe put a slight bit more "click" on the bass drum. I say somewhere in the 2k range. Not too loud though, just for a bit more definition.

This song is awesome. Ever listen to Portishead or Denali? This kinda reminds me of them. It might just be the female vocals though.

Sounds awesome.

Tnx geet73,
Note taken, should i trash/bitcrush/distort/overdrive the drums to get them more lofi sounding?

/emser

That actually reminds me a little of Animal Logic... the band that Deborah Holland, Stewart Copeland and Stanley Clarke had in the 90's... AWESOME stuff.

Nice interesting recording... I like the textures and such.

What did you use for the loops etc?

Velvet Elvis.

No loops

Tnx King,
There were no loops involved in this produktion. I programmed the drum and percussion parts in NI battery. Everything else is guitarrs of all sorts and shapes, Fender jazz bass and some soundfonts for organs wurlitzerpiano and strings. Vokals i run through a Joemeek vc1 and master it in a tripple c from tc-electronics.

/emser

Excellent programming...

What genre of music is it considered?

I couldn't tell from the lyrics entirely, but it seemed to have a religious overtone to it.

Velvet Elvis

Interesting vocal treatment. Lots of ear candy in the mix, well done. I would say the mix overall seems to want more bass and lo mids (that's rare) but I am on headphones so take that for what it's worth.

Leave the drums as they are, they're fine.

Nice laidback tune.

Well religious in the way of loosing your gods an still waiting for a ride to see the miracles of what can be. Not christian anyway. I dont know about genre really i think you need to tell me. Influences are Peter Gabriel, Daniel Lanois and such.

/emser

Back