Mini Amp...

uhhuhhim

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a mini amp in order to electrify my Fender Acoustic/Electric guitar. I'm looking for something that is inexpensive, but has a good effect overall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

uh huh him

Roland has its Cube series, Vox has something similar, and now Fender has something new I just read about yesterday.

Most other really small amps I've tried (including the Pignose, the Danelectro Honeytone, and a very small Marshall) simply sound awful to me, for general purposes. You might be able to mic them and fiddle to get a good sound, but just pluggin in and playing -- bleech. But my new Roland Cube 30 sounds wonderful.

I have to agree with you on the Roland Cube series.
;o)

I've been playing various styles of music (mostly Rock) for over 30 years and have been a gear slut for just about as long.

I have a Cube 60 and this amp is incredible!
It is one of the most versatile and musical sounding amps I've ever played through. Amazingly LOUD chest thumping bass. The quality and amount of features are just the icing on the cake.
Also it's the first small amp that I've ever owned that sounds GREAT though the line out.
;o)

Oh ya,
I did try out the Cube micro amp and a Cube 30 at the store and they would also make for a very wise investment. Very good recording amps due to the COSM modeling and ability to line out and still have a great sound. I think the 30 would be great for gigging also.

I did this myself over Christmas and, although I never checked the Orange Crush amps, I decided on the Vox AD15VT over the others mentioned ... great sounds and effects and real tone to be had. Seems to record well but my guitar recording isn't great.

YMMV, of course!!

HappyTapper said:
I have to agree with you on the Roland Cube series.
;o)

I've been playing various styles of music (mostly Rock) for over 30 years and have been a gear slut for just about as long.

I have a Cube 60 and this amp is incredible!
It is one of the most versatile and musical sounding amps I've ever played through. Amazingly LOUD chest thumping bass. The quality and amount of features are just the icing on the cake.
Also it's the first small amp that I've ever owned that sounds GREAT though the line out.
;o)

Oh ya,
I did try out the Cube micro amp and a Cube 30 at the store and they would also make for a very wise investment. Very good recording amps due to the COSM modeling and ability to line out and still have a great sound. I think the 30 would be great for gigging also.

i second this statement in all of its entierity

I've checked out those little Fenders, they seem too tinny sounding to work very well for amping an acoustic. They just don't have much bottom end punch and to me that is absolutely nessassary for acoustic amplification.

Back