Midi bleedover

Albertm

I have a simple 4 chord section..G...G/F#...A minor ....C major. It repeate 4 times. Using Midi keyboard with strings set to it. Motu Symphonic software. So, the 4th chord C bleeds into the first chord G, obviously causing bad dissonance. But it doesn't happen anywhere else. I tried making that chord longer, shorter and it still bleeds over. Any ideas how to correct. I guess I could duplicate track and put that one chord on it but there must be a better way? Thanks in advance

gecko zzed

Grumpy Mod
It's possible that the note-off commands associated with the C chord are missing, or not registering. Try selecting the notes of the C chord and making them a bit shorter so that they don't go right the way to the end of the bar.

rob aylestone

Accidentally got a sustain event in there somewhere? If you copy just one of the sections without the repeat does that cut out instantly or does it decay?

Albertm

It's possible that the note-off commands associated with the C chord are missing, or not registering. Try selecting the notes of the C chord and making them a bit shorter so that they don't go right the way to the end of the bar.
When I do that they cut off early, I tried all lengths, and i hit a point where it cuts early of bleeds over?? Very strange

Albertm

Accidentally got a sustain event in there somewhere? If you copy just one of the sections without the repeat does that cut out instantly or does it decay?
So I erased everything but one section of the 4 chords and the last c chord goes on forever, is there a setting about this somewhere???thanks

rob aylestone

Somehow you've probably just edited out the note off message. Just replace the notes in the chord with new ones, or another edited.

Albertm

Update, I also tried seleting 4th c chord, now the 3rd A min chord bleeds int first G chord???? Never seen this, I have 7 other midi tracks with no bleed in same piece???
So I simply rerecorded whole thing and its fine. Mystical glitch that took hours to just redo..lol..thanks for ideas