Midi bleedover

Albertm

I have a simple 4 chord section..G...G/F#...A minor ....C major. It repeate 4 times. Using Midi keyboard with strings set to it. Motu Symphonic software. So, the 4th chord C bleeds into the first chord G, obviously causing bad dissonance. But it doesn't happen anywhere else. I tried making that chord longer, shorter and it still bleeds over. Any ideas how to correct. I guess I could duplicate track and put that one chord on it but there must be a better way? Thanks in advance

It's possible that the note-off commands associated with the C chord are missing, or not registering. Try selecting the notes of the C chord and making them a bit shorter so that they don't go right the way to the end of the bar.

Accidentally got a sustain event in there somewhere? If you copy just one of the sections without the repeat does that cut out instantly or does it decay?

It's possible that the note-off commands associated with the C chord are missing, or not registering. Try selecting the notes of the C chord and making them a bit shorter so that they don't go right the way to the end of the bar.
When I do that they cut off early, I tried all lengths, and i hit a point where it cuts early of bleeds over?? Very strange

Accidentally got a sustain event in there somewhere? If you copy just one of the sections without the repeat does that cut out instantly or does it decay?
So I erased everything but one section of the 4 chords and the last c chord goes on forever, is there a setting about this somewhere???thanks

Somehow you've probably just edited out the note off message. Just replace the notes in the chord with new ones, or another edited.

Update, I also tried seleting 4th c chord, now the 3rd A min chord bleeds int first G chord???? Never seen this, I have 7 other midi tracks with no bleed in same piece???
So I simply rerecorded whole thing and its fine. Mystical glitch that took hours to just redo..lol..thanks for ideas

Back