Mics I'm Totally Spoilt For Choice.

I started a thread last week called DJL vs. Studio Projects. Can't we find a way to move/consilidate these stupid meaningless jabs into that thread. And any time DJL goes on a rant about Studio Projects that has nothing to do with the original thread topic move it there? This whole argument needs to be moved to the Dragon Cave, because its about as enlightened and even handed as the useless political threads there. DJL is starting to become a toddler trying to get the last word divided by that newly converted religious zealot at a keg part who wont stop preaching and is bumming everyone out.

DJL WE KNOW YOU HATE STUDIO PROJECTS

Did I mention that fact that eveyone on this mic forum knows one fact?

And that if anyone brings up anything even remotly related to Studio Projects mics, then we can count on finding out one tried and true thing -

If there is one thing I have learned on this mic forum, it is

Did I mention anywhere that

In case everyone on this forum is unclear

So, in conclusion

alanhyatt said:
Crazydoc...You have the DJL in the wrong place. It should be on the pile on the floor... :eek:
alanhyatt said:
I like girls and DJL likes barn animals...

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
Studio Projects Joemeek Toft Audio
www.pmiaudio.com

Grow up Alan Hyatt...

It seems you folks on this bbs think Alan Hyatt can do no wrong... even when he lies, calls people names, misleads people, spams, or acts like a child.

Alan Hyatt, CEO of PMI Audio... very sad indeed.

Brent Casey said:
So DJL, if you posted a clip yourself, would it be edited constantly?
What's the difference (sound-wise & etc) between the older C4's (like the C4's that John Mayes used to record that Mayes/C4 sound clip) and the modified or newer C4's that PMI is now selling?

John Mayes said:
I like them cheap chinese mics though. I think they sound nice. It does not matter if Alan Can do what he says neither here nor there for me. What I do know is I can get nice sounds out of them. I like them as well as the KM184's I had (they are different, but good) so as long as I can use them to make good sounds I don't care where they are made nor the claims of someone associated with them.
What's the difference (sound-wise) between the KM184 and C4... and have you tried the Behringer B5 yet? Thanks

DJL said:
What's the difference (sound-wise & etc) between the older C4's (like the C4's that John Mayes used to record that Mayes/C4 sound clip) and the modified or newer C4's that PMI is now selling?

DJL - I have no idea what you're talking about. C4's are C4's whether they are new or old.

Brent Casey
PMI Audio Group
877-563-6335

It's amazing how, every day, this thread gets more and more dense.

Fortunately, Prof. Hawking has now proven that information does eventually escape from black holes, so maybe there is still some hope for the thread.

DJL said:
What's the difference (sound-wise) between the KM184 and C4... and have you tried the Behringer B5 yet? Thanks

comparing the C4's and the KM184's: I find the KM184's to be more trebley. Smooth in the bass, ok in the mids, and sometimes harsh in the upper range. The C4's are more defined in the bass, not warmer overall, but rounder in the bass register. The mids are more forward, but not in a ugly way, but a forward API like way. The highs are nice but not as extended as the KM184's, but also not as harsh.

In terms of preamps the KM184's would be a grace preamp, and the C4's would be an API. Different sounds, both great for certain, and multiple things.

I've not seen, nor heard the B5's nor am I drawn to, but if they sound good then they sound good. If they sound bad, then none of us will be surprised.

John Mayes said:
comparing the C4's and the KM184's: I find the KM184's to be more trebley. Smooth in the bass, ok in the mids, and sometimes harsh in the upper range. The C4's are more defined in the bass, not warmer overall, but rounder in the bass register. The mids are more forward, but not in a ugly way, but a forward API like way. The highs are nice but not as extended as the KM184's, but also not as harsh.

In terms of preamps the KM184's would be a grace preamp, and the C4's would be an API. Different sounds, both great for certain, and multiple things.

I've not seen, nor heard the B5's nor am I drawn to, but if they sound good then they sound good. If they sound bad, then none of us will be surprised.
Thank you John. :)

Don

DJL,

I'm not trying to start any wars here but I'm curious. Why do you care what SP says? If you think they are Lying, or disorganized, or whatever why not just tune them out and go on with your day? Did they slap your mamma or something and we just don't know about it? I just don't get it. If I think someone is spewing crap I'll tune them out and go on my merry way. Life is too short man to get worked up about this stuff. I would say lets forget this thread but Obviously that ain't gonna happen.

John Mayes said:
DJL,

I'm not trying to start any wars here but I'm curious. Why do you care what SP says? If you think they are Lying, or disorganized, or whatever why not just tune them out and go on with your day? Did they slap your mamma or something and we just don't know about it? I just don't get it. If I think someone is spewing crap I'll tune them out and go on my merry way. Life is too short man to get worked up about this stuff. I would say lets forget this thread but Obviously that ain't gonna happen.
Because Alan is focused more on selling his products rather than helping people learn... and a lot of newbies come to HomeRecording.com to learn... and many of Alan's post are misleading and full of bullshit... and that just isn't right.

PS... that SNL "MORE COWBELL" skit is one of my favorites too. :)

DJL said:
... and many of Alan's post are misleading and full of bullshit... and that just isn't right.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Let's substitute your name for Alan's and see what we get. Here, I'll do it for you:

freshmattyp said:
... and many of DJL's post are misleading and full of bullshit... and that just isn't right.

That's fun!

freshmattyp said:
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Let's substitute your name for Alan's and see what we get. Here, I'll do it for you:

That's fun!
Hey Matt, just the other day when someone was asking about mics for recording acoustic guitar and vocals http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=126044 you posted “Another vote here for the 603's for Acoustic Guitar. As for the vocals, the SP B1 or Marshall V67 should do nicely for starters.

"Should do", or might do? And "for starters"... what does that mean?

John Mayes said:
DJL,

John - this is all a dysfunctional family fight. We're not sure, but there are some guesses in this thread from a year ago:
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=93844

I'll quote the pertinent parts so you don't have to waste lots of time better spent being productive.
Mark7 said:
DJ.

Have you ever worked for PMI Audio, Studio Projects or any company affiliated to PMI Audio or Studio Projects?
DJL said:
No, I mean the answer is no. :)

Mark7 said:
LIAR!!!!

You might choose to hide behind a bunch of initials, but I know for a fact that you are one Jeosophat Hyatt; brother of Jarrod and Jerome. Disinherited by your father after being caught in flagrante Delicto with the family maid you now seek every opportunity to sabotage the family business and bring ruin upon your father and siblings.

Why don't you just tie them to a railroad and have done with it?

crazydoc said:
Actually, I believe Jehosephat Hyatt was caught performing unmentionable acts with one of his father's large prototype microphones, which was forcefully removed from it's location, leaving him permanently incontinent of stool. He harbors a grudge against the family to this day.

I hadn't been back to that thread to see your question. Perhaps you should have included the whole posst for context:

Another vote here for the 603's for Acoustic Guitar. As for the vocals, the SP B1 or Marshall V67 should do nicely for starters. Then before you know it you'll be hiding money from your wife to save up for a Soundelux U195.

I think it's pretty clear. Perhaps someone else would care to take a read and see if they understand what I was getting at. Class?

DJL said:
Hey Matt, just the other day when someone was asking about mics for recording acoustic guitar and vocals http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=126044 you posted “Another vote here for the 603's for Acoustic Guitar. As for the vocals, the SP B1 or Marshall V67 should do nicely for starters.

"Should do", or might do? And "for starters"... what does that mean?

Well Gee. Let's take a wild guess. Wonder what he meant by that. How about...

The guy is asking for input and said he needed a versatile mic combination for vocals and acoustic guitar (and maybe some other stuff) and had only about $300 to spend. He's not a pro. He has no realistic budget. He needs some good versatile starter gear.

The answer was MXL 603s for acoustic guitar and a SP B1 or Marshall V67 for the vocals.

That's what I use, except that I don't own a V67. I've borrowed one a couple of times, but I usually use my B1s. And the 603 is great, particularly to wake up an acoustic guitar.

Price of a pair of 603s with shockmounts, together with a Studio Projects B1: ... Hmmm..... $290.

The mics work well. They should do nicely for starters.

Maybe that's what Matt meant.

Back