Mercenary selling out Neumann's

I saw that yesterday, Fletcher is TOO fucking funny....
haha..
He put a picture of Hitler on there and called Neumann out, and even posted the letter they sent him.... hahah, he just doesnt care, too funny. I laughed my ass off.

Nothing much left though.

"Your abusive language and behavior toward a member of our organization..."

Ha Ha

THAT is funny!

tdukex said:
"Your abusive language and behavior toward a member of our organization..."

Ha Ha

THAT is funny!

Now THAT sounds just like Fletcher. And yes, those are old Neumanns in the Hitler photo.

mercenary-audio_1737_7347970

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi
headphones.gif

Why, Emerick? I think its great that the guy is firm about not being stepped on by corporations... its his shit and he makes the rules and fuck anyone that gets in his way. I like that. Then he even had the balls to call them out in public, and Neumann will sue everyone and anyone at the drop of a hat, and he knows it.
If the Hitler picture upset you, well, I thought it was funny as hell. He's basically calling them dictators, and just so happened to find the most perfect picture of all time to do it. And they're German to boot. Too funny.
That kind of shit makes me want to deal with him more. And his customer service is said to be second to none.

Oh yeah.. they even have veto powers on ebay... if you list a mic as "like a Neumann" they will have it removed in about 1 minute if they want. Dictators indeed.
I do love Sennheisers though.

Tubedude. I just find using Hitler / Nazi's etc in poor taste. I guess once again, I don't have a sense of humour.

It can all depend on the context things like this are used in.

Fletcher is just using an image to get his point across, it is not threatening in it's intent and it is appropriately illustrative in light of Fletcher's stand against Neumann.

If he had used words only, it would have been far less effective.

The memories of Hitler and the Nazis aren't going to go away just by avoiding the use of old photos................:rolleyes:

:cool:

well, posting a pix of Hitler in front of Neumann mics on their web site just tells me that Mercenar is not a serious business but a bunch of puberting kiddies. He could just as well post a pix of Saddam Hussein in front of a Shure mic, which would have the same content: none. What does it tell about Neumann or Shure? Nothing. It's just 40s style propaganda.

On his web site he is mentioning the "SMK 184" three times. Fletcher can't even spell the names of the Neumann mics. He also mentions that he is still looking for 'vintage Neumann mics' and that he will continue to sell them in the future. So I thought he didn't want to sell Neumann mics are more? Very consistemt business decision, really.

I would never buy there and understand Neumanns decision to discontinue their business relationship because, unlike Mercenar, they are running a serious business. This guy is not funny but a just plain stupid.

Giganova said:
I would never buy there...

Your loss. I'm sure Fletcher's sometimes-extreme personality loses him some customers, but I'll bet it gains him more than he loses. Sure the Hitler thing is pretty over-the-top, but how many retailers would have the guts to: (1) voluntarily drop Neumann from their product line, and (2) express their personal opinion of Neumann so boldy. Most would just shut up and do what Neumann says. Whether the Neumann thing is funny or in bad taste, I find that the sort of attitude that causes him to do things like that ends up making him a really good guy to deal with from a customer's perspective.

Well, Fletcher doubles the warranties on a lot of stuff. That alone is reason enough.
And if you have no sense of humor, dont worry about it. I happen to like the way he did it. To me, he made them look stupid. But, in the words of Fletcher.... Your milage may fucking vary...
At least he is not a suckass.

Back