Mellow Guitar/Violin song

Douhgy

This song is called "Days." I wrote it for my wife and baby who hasn't been born yet. In about 2 weeks he is due. Let me know what you think.

Nice job on the recording. Nice job on the song writing. Only nit pik is a little too much verb on the vox. Nice Harmonies, but they are a little loud for my liking. The violin harmonies are great to!

Nice song

I really liked that as well....... same for me on the reverb, but primarily on the first vox. I think it works in the harmony with the female's performance. Man, love the sound of that violin.

Sounds good. Good job on the violin stuff, what kind of mic/setup are you using on it?

The male vox sounds a bit dry at the beginning, sounds good in the middle. Is this an electric violin or there a pickup on an acoustic? Very nice. :cool:

LOVE the violins :D :D

Cool song with really nice acoustic guitar sound too I think. I am still very amateur to critique anyone else's mix but I would have to agree about too much reverb on the lead vocal (especially on the bridge/chorus). Great harmonies and overall very nice song, I liked it :)

Nice song man!
I really like it when the female vocals some in and the guitars become fuller.

Nice violin work. Very soft and smooth. I can hear perfect utilization of chimes!

DavidK said:
Sounds good. Good job on the violin stuff, what kind of mic/setup are you using on it?

The male vox sounds a bit dry at the beginning, sounds good in the middle. Is this an electric violin or there a pickup on an acoustic? Very nice. :cool:

It's a million dollar, 250 year old violin which has never been changed from when it left the makers hands. I'm really not kidding. When you have instruments like the one used in this recording, it's easy to mix. One mic was placed as close as possible to the bow.

Douhgy said:
It's a million dollar, 250 year old violin which has never been changed from when it left the makers hands. I'm really not kidding. When you have instruments like the one used in this recording, it's easy to mix. One mic was placed as close as possible to the bow.

Who made it??

I am a concert violinist BTW, I had the 1685 Mackenzie Strad for 3 years, I know how much they are worth. What kind of mic did you use? :)

I can't remember the name of the violin make, I'll have to ask the violinist. I know it was italian.

As for the microphone, we used a Neumann TLM103.

Nice sounding guitar and violin. I also like the vocals and the harmonies. That Neumann sounds really nice....

ido1957 said:
That Neumann sounds really nice....

Yes, that sounds really good. If I ever get the money I would get one of those, I have used them in "real" studios and really liked them. :) I am using a lowly MXL 990. Hold me :(

Back