Marantz receiver issues. capacitors?

Maldoror

i just bought a 2220b from a friend. he said it probably needs new capacitors. when i turn it on it clicks and then comes on like normal. a minute or so later it clicks again the fires a loud pop through the speakers...then it continues to repeat the clicks.
is he right about the capacitors? and if so could someone tell me what capacitors i need and where i should get them?
thanks
maldoror

well it may or maynot be caps... no way to te3ll at this point without doing some actual troubleshooting... if your intent is to use this in your recording rig though what you'll want to do is use JUST the power section and with any luck the noise is from the front end... ya see a couple of little "U" shaped jumpers in the back??? pull them out... you'll find that one of the jacks will say amp in or something to that effect... use those inputs... if it still makes the same noise hit us up again... maybe in the DIY threads...

i'm not sure where the u-shaped jumpers are. there are some of those on my reel to reel but not on the back of the marantz? are they inside the case?

sorry if they used them on that model they'ld be on the back... m,ost of their recievers had them iirc... is there anything on the back marked power amp in??

Back