Manslick - Come on

For me, I couldn't get the groove of the two different beats. When it first started, it was disjointed, then the counter beat came in, it didn't seem to help. Mix just didn't sit right.

Maybe this, some metronome like sound (shaker, tambourine, etc) so there is some way to lock in on the beat. Pull the drums down, I thought I was going to be clubbed ;). I think those two things would radically change the song.

I think you have something cool in the works, but need to get it to tie together. IMO. But I am a pop kind of guy.

Thanks DM. This helps me a lot.
I was thinking I could pull off a Donald Fagan style riff like Home at Last LOL.
I found it hard myself to sync the different tracks to the point where they were organic.
I want to blame latency but that would be a cop out.
Thanks.

Would it be worth pulling everything a little more towards the center? Just to make it sound more cohesive? The song itself is cool, lots of potential there :)

Hey Frank, maybe.
But I even feel like I'm going to trip and fall when I go for a day without hearing it.
Although in my head it never stops looping and it always perfect.
I'm having gear issues ATM.
Thanks

Bass sounds real nice. The lo-fi vocal eventually grew on me. The acoustic guitar sounded nice.

The toms really jump out frequently and could use some 600hz pulled out. Some of the cymbals are a little to crispy. If it's a two mic setup, I'm not sure how much you can do.

The guitar solo really jumps out and has a little harsh attack.

This is nice, but the mix isn't very good imo. I don't like whatever effects you have on the vocals. Plus the vocals sound like they are in a different space than the mix. It could be the effects. Also the mix is a bit harsh - both overall and in the guitar outro. You need to tame some of the higher eqs I think.

But in general this has solid bones. Just need a bit of polish I think.

Bass sounds real nice. The lo-fi vocal eventually grew on me. The acoustic guitar sounded nice.

The toms really jump out frequently and could use some 600hz pulled out. Some of the cymbals are a little to crispy. If it's a two mic setup, I'm not sure how much you can do.

The guitar solo really jumps out and has a little harsh attack.
Thanks Trip.
I will revisit this. But rn I have to go out of town.
I got an idea how to get a more orderly intro by using a generic hi hat motif to set a groove and then bring in the other instruments in a sequence so as to not throw the whole thing in your face all at once.

Here is the mixer FWIW.
Drums:
Low mids are at 517.6 Hz. Gain cut slightly at -2.22 db
Highs are at 3.46 Khz. Gain cut slightly at -4.76 db

ComeOnMainMixer.JPG
Here is the compression settings
ComeOnCompression.JPG

Last edited:
This is nice, but the mix isn't very good imo. I don't like whatever effects you have on the vocals. Plus the vocals sound like they are in a different space than the mix. It could be the effects. Also the mix is a bit harsh - both overall and in the guitar outro. You need to tame some of the higher eqs I think.

But in general this has solid bones. Just need a bit of polish I think.
Thanks dachay2nr, appreciate the feed back.
Here is the rack for the vox. The guitar outro is on the same track.

ComeOnVoxEffects.JPG

I like the jazzy syncopation.
The mids are begging to be scooped! Very bright on my system

Back