Making WAV file from DAT

Shack

Hi, I’m trying to make a .wav file from a song which is on DAT and wondering if I’m going about it the right way? I have ProTools LE and was thinking about running the audio (Land R) out from my DAT player into two separate track in ProTools (through Digi 001) an then recording the .wav file that way.

I was just wondering if there was some other way I could do this that was entirey digital, i.e. not having to use the audio outputs? Or is there some better way?

Thanks

Thanks. I'm not home at the moment so can't say which exactly, but I suspect it may be the SPDIF or optical, but will come back on that. In both cases, what do I plug into on the other side? i.e do I go into the computer somewhere or is it into the Digi 001?

Hi again, my DAT recorder is a DTC-ZE700 and has Optical In and Out and Coaxial In. So do I needtwo cables or one? i.e. do I just go from the optical out of the DAT to hopefully an optical in on the Digi 001 or do I also have to connnect the Optical in of the DAT recorder to the out of the Digi?

I don't know if the optical in on the digi will work. Optical spdif is different than ADAT. But if it is dual purpose, you will just need the one optical cable to go from the dat (output) to the digi (input)

Back