making my own beats..

Sebcore

Hi yall,not long ago i asked where i could find some good samples/sounds to make my own beats and i preatty much didnt find nothing good..There must be some good kits out there that are free?im just doin this for fun so any help would be really apreciated.

Also im not really looking for drums samples but more for sounds of real instruments or sounds to go over the drums.TX

Im sure someone on here posted some sample like that do a search on the forum aboy samples and see what you come up with..i dont sample so i can help you out on that..

i know some members have nice kits thats they are selling..good hunting..

bknot1 said:
Im sure someone on here posted some sample like that do a search on the forum aboy samples and see what you come up with..i dont sample so i can help you out on that..

i know some members have nice kits thats they are selling..good hunting..
What do u do?
is there another way to make beats?

Sebcore said:
What do u do?

You can sample sounds or you can sample phrases or licks etc......There mulltitude of angles to go with sampling. I don't sample at all!
I will lay down a beat and fill it in with a bassline, chords, and whatever else....There is 1,001 ways to go about making a nice rhytmic instrumental. Find what works for you, but continue to ask questions while you're experimenting and searching for where you fit in the game............

Sebcore said:
What do u do?

If you can get your hands on a demo for Reason and try it out you might like the setup. Its great for really making any kind of music and has a ton of samples. Plus unlike a hardware sampler, your capicity for sounds is only limited by your RAM and Hard Drive space. Definatly give it a test run. you should also think about getting a MIDI Controller so you will be able to play the melodies, basslines, etc. into the software. Anyways thats just my $0.02 .

Most instrument samples are very limiting and never sound the way you want them to. I second Reason or possibly Fruity Loops and a good arsenal of soundfonts

If you got the money consider geitting you a keyboard workstation it'll be all you ever need. Sythn,Sequencer,Sampler. Load some drum samples to work with and away you go. That's if you wanna go the hardware route. I like hardware much better.

ok tx guys,i have Fruity loops but i dont really like the sounds that comes with it..it seems like its for teckno or something.The drums are ok but i need other sounds.Maby i need a program to get my own samples from songs??

you can add more sounds to FL and play with the sounds to change them how you want..its a pretty cool program once you learn it and master it.. listen to the Little Brothers albums.. Ninth Wonder uses FL

and i use an EMU XL-7 Command Station to make my tracks

For sounds I say the best way is to make your own. Ya, it takes time but you will have custom sounds that no one else uses.

You can use stock sounds that come with your software or keyboard. Then layer samples and such. You might have some hip hop CDs you like with some nice claps and kicks. Just sample those and layer different sounds to make your own. You'll have fresh new sounds to set yourself apart... ;)

Back