mackie onyx mixer with what?

RoOkiE85

i have a 12 channel mackie onyx sitting around...planin to build a lito home studio so i can ge some recording...what do i run the onyx into? an interface? a soundcard? what?...too many options...just need a simple and cheap way to do it that will have good sound quality...please help...thanks...

i have a 12 channel mackie onyx sitting around...planin to build a lito home studio so i can ge some recording...what do i run the onyx into? an interface? a soundcard? what?...too many options...just need a simple and cheap way to do it that will have good sound quality...please help...thanks...

Interface or a soundcard.

Download the trial version of Tracktion from mackies web site. It is very easy to use. You need a multi-track recording program to interface with the onyx and Tracktion is just that. Download the drivers for the firewire interface. They are at Mackies web site. Make sure you download and print out the user guides for the mixer, firewire intereface, and Tracktion. Read them. Mackie has the best manuals around. Vey easy reading and if quite funny at times. You do know you have to use a firewire cable to connect it :)

Download the trial version of Tracktion from mackies web site. It is very easy to use. You need a multi-track recording program to interface with the onyx and Tracktion is just that. Download the drivers for the firewire interface. They are at Mackies web site. Make sure you download and print out the user guides for the mixer, firewire intereface, and Tracktion. Read them. Mackie has the best manuals around. Vey easy reading and if quite funny at times. You do know you have to use a firewire cable to connect it :)

yea..i know i have to use a firewire cable to plug it in but i just figured that it needed some sort of driver for it to work...i have a multi-track recording program already...but thanks this should help me out...

Back