mac laptop audio interface and software suggestions wanted

oneworldflag

Hi, New here as of today. I am on a MacBook Pro running 10.10.5 (Yosemite) and have a good mic. I had an Mbox 2 and used ProTools to play with, and then my stuff became unsupported. So-- starting new and don't want or need to spend a lot of $ for what I want to do at this time. I want to be playing with my voice (spoken, singing), and have capability to work with the ability to listen along to another track or two. Looking for best recommendations on:

* cheaper to free audio programs-- Audacity, Garage Band, nTrack, stuff somewhere in there, and
* a cheap but reliable interface which would have 1 to 2 rca inputs or some ability to bring my good mic into the equation.

Any other tips along the lines of just getting started-- mostly just with being able to listen to myself through headphones for "practice", and later on, the ability to record something if I feel I have a "keeper".

One final question-- I know my Mbox 2 doesn't work with ProTools anymore, but would it be able to work with another software program?

Thank you!

One final question-- I know my Mbox 2 doesn't work with ProTools anymore, but would it be able to work with another software program?

Thank you!

Hi!

Most likely, although AVID say no. Plug it in and and go to system preferences > Sound, or Utilites > Audio/Midi utility.
If it shows up there then it can probably be used.

If that's the case I'd just download Reaper and give it a good test.
Reaper will do everything you want to do. :)

Back