M-Audio BX5 Tweeter

rcarden2

I blew a tweeter in my BX5s and I need a replacement. M-Audio keeps giving me the run around when I call and I was wondering if anyone here had a spare available or knows where I could get one! Thanks!

Ryan.

You may have seen in the other thread, I have a pair of Spb5s with some kind of damage to the base cones. The tweeters are perfect, but I don't know if they're the same as the BX5. The BX5 replaced the Spb5 but I don't know the precise differences....

M-Audio BX5 blown tweeters rcarden2 reply

rcarden2 I too have blown 3 sets of M-Audio BX5 tweeters. The first set was right out of the box where I had a hot mic feedback and smoked them as a monitor on my DJ rig, the second was the replacement set I just got from the factory had punched in tweeters and fried within minutes at high level, the 3rd set I had used for a year, but just hooked them up to a dvd player and for no good reason one fried.

I just was able to get a hold of several sets of 3 inch 4 ohm 150 watt peak tweeters that will fit diectly into the place of the old ones. I know the matching is not going to be even close for sound production, but if you are using them for rear surround speakers, or just casual listening, they will definently last a lifetime compared to the 10 watt tweeters they installed. THey are crap. No wonder they ended up boosting the wattage and make them out of silk in the BX5-A models now.

Let me know if you want a pair, they are $50 including shipping anywhere in the US. I have one set left in both black or chrome. Colorfast.tv

I am actually in the same boat..I have one blown. I tried calling the company but they were bought out by another company and are no longer making the original bx5 tweeters. I am desperately in need of one (or two) replacements if anyone knows where I can get them. Thanks!

Back