Lucky to have DP-02CF

Me too!

I have the DP-02cf and I like it pretty well. It's a good sounding unit that's easy to use. No frills. Pretty powerful. It's well engineered and solid.

I'm a bit down on the 2-simul/max recording limitation, which is not a huge problem for solo recording but could be problematic for groups or bands. I'm not keen on there being no input mixer, per se, but I get around that issue by using a front end mixer. Those are a couple nits for an otherwise nice unit.

The card storage capacity is cut in half by requiring a proprietary Tascam partition and a FAT partition to import/export data. It's a decent system that works well, but I think Tascam did the right thing by moving the native data format to FAT and WAV files, like on the DP-24.
:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• IM004184.JPG
    IM004184.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IM004181.JPG
    IM004181.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IM004180.JPG
    IM004180.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 18
  • IM004177.JPG
    IM004177.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IM004174.JPG
    IM004174.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 19
I'm not keen on there being no input mixer, per se, but I get around that issue by using a front end mixer.

I've noticed that on what little I've used it. Got it a couple of weeks ago and yes it does need the input jacked up.
I have an Art Tube MP PreAmp, it seems to help> For one Mic:

ART Pro Audio

But I've been looking at this one for using more than one mic like on Acoustic or Drums:

Peavey :: PV® 6

Any Input is Good !

Thanx>>On a Budget

Mics>>2 x SM57>>MXL V57M>>2 x Electro Voice PL95

Last edited:
Looked at the DP-24 manual

Apparently, I was mistaken.

The DP-24's (32) native data is still in a Tascam proprietary format, and must be created or cloned (exported) to the "Audodepot" folder to render it to WAV files and transfer FAT format data to a computer. That seems nearly identical to the DP-02 and other DP series recorders, except DP-24 the folders are all a top-level accessible and doesn't require a dedicated "FAT partition" like the DP-02. This data scheme would also be very similar to the folder arrangement on the Pocketstudio5 CF card, although the P5 deals in Tascam proprietary and MP3 format data, not WAV files. On the DP-02, none of the data can be seen by the computer at all until it's exported to the FAT partition.

Anyhow, this modern series of DP Portastudios is technologically advanced, easy to use and sounds good!

Alt, there is no Portastudio in existence that doesn't have a few shortcomings, here or there.

:spank::eek:;)

I've been studying the DP24 and it looks like an amazing piece of technology. What is mind blowing is the price. When I bought my 788 Brand New it was $600 and now You can get a DP24 for $500>> It is totally unbelievable.

But back to the DP02. I have taken your advice and bought a Mixer>

Peavey :: PV® 8

Peavey PV8 it looks good and I love the insert jacks
(See Block Diagram page 27):

http://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/115033_25890.pdf

This should be a good match for the DP02. Looks like a sweet little mixer for what I need and the price is right.
Should be here tomorrow

Back