Lots Of Gear

chrisharris

King of Bling
Ten years ago when I joined this site, there was a member who went by the name "Muzeman" who was a great guy and very helpful to newbs like me. He always took time to listen to peoples' work and comment and offer suggestions. After a couple of years, he just sort of disappeared from this site.

His wife recently posted and let us know that earlier this year, Muzeman died. Her PM to me was:

lostmuze said:
No, this is not Pete, it is his wife. Pete had a massive heart attack just after the new year, he was only 51. I am so lost without him, I want to die too, but we have kids and they couldn't take another blow. I came here because I need help trying to sell his equipment, I have to, we are losing everything even our house. We were married 32 years. I am keeping all the acoustic and electric guitars because that is where his soul lives and the harmonicas. The recording equipment and mics, etc. is what I will have to let go. I don't know anything about any of the pieces or their worth. I came here because Pete loved this site and has a ton of CDs from the artists here. He left because he kept getting viruses somehow and we couldn't keep up with the computer repair. Can any of you help me understand what I am trying to sell, where and how to sell it, etc., please.

So I'd like to try to help this nice lady out. She sent me a list of Muzeman's gear that she needs to sell. If anybody wants to make an offer, make it a decent offer. I'm going to do my best to value the gear and let her know if what you're offering is fair, but I will pass on all offers to her.

Here's The Gear:

Yamaha Music Production Synthesizer Motif XS6
Grace Design single channel high-fidelity microphone amplifier M101
t.c. electronic M2000 studio effects processor

Yamaha Professional Audio Workstation (AW2816)
Speck electronics 4-band equalizer model ASC
Speck electronics (Mic Pre 5.0) Mic Preamp/Mix node
Peterson Virtual Strobe Tuner VS1
Omni I/O integrated desktop audio station Delta Series
Mackie (1202-VLZ Pro 12-channel) mic/line mixer w/premium XDR mic preamplifiers
Edirol PCR-1 USB audio interface/midi keyboard controller
Electronic Design Really Nice Compressor FMR Audio
BLUE Dragonfly LG Diaphram Condenser Microphone
Shure SM58-LC microphone
Georg Neumann KM 184 Condenser Microphone Series 180
RT-323 Zoom Rhythmtrak
Boss Guitar Effects System with USB Audio Interface (GS-10)

Tech 21 – NYC – Trademark 10 Guitar Amp
Monster Cables—(will send separate list)

M-Audio Keystation 49e
BBE Model 461 Sonic Maximizer

Going rates:

Electronic Design Really Nice Compressor FMR Audio $120 - $140
Boss Guitar Effects System with USB Audio Interface (GS-10) $100 - $130

Georg Neumann KM 184 Condenser Microphone Series 180 New is $800. I'll give half price+ $440. and I'll pick up the shipping as well I would say that with shipping a round figure $450..

Now this isn't final! in fact I want people to bid me up IF THEY REALLY WANT THIS ITEM.

In fact These sales shouldn't be run as normal sales here at HR for usually it's first come first served.
Let's let an offer stand a few days for biding as an auction would run. I believe that we can help help this family out more by bidding against each other, but lets not get stupid and try bidding someone else up and can't deliver if that other person gives up on the action of the auction.

..Now this isn't final! in fact I want people to bid me up IF THEY REALLY WANT THIS ITEM.

In fact These sales shouldn't be run as normal sales here at HR for usually it's first come first served.
Let's let an offer stand a few days for biding as an auction would run. I believe that we can help help this family out more by bidding against each other, but lets not get stupid and try bidding someone else up and can't deliver if that other person gives up on the action of the auction.
Very cool idea.
I did this for what it's worth.. maybe it'll help a little.
Also her location?

Grace Design M101
Gearslutz.com

t.c. electronic M2000
Gearslutz.com

Yamaha AW2816
Gearslutz.com

Speck electronics ASC (The T' models adds transformer
Gearslutz.com

Speck electronics Mic Pre 5.0
Gearslutz.com

Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro
Gearslutz.com

FMR RNC
Gearslutz.com

BLUE Dragonfly
Gearslutz.com

Neumann KM 184
Gearslutz.com

Tech 21 ? NYC ? Trademark 10
Gearslutz.com

Shure SM58-LC
Zoom RT-323 Rhythmtrak
Boss GS-10
Yamaha Motif XS6
Edirol PCR-1
Peterson VS1
Omni I/O Delta Series

Great guys...I think that's really cool.

Mixsit...none of your links seem to be working for me. Just says: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

What am I supposed to be seeing?

You can get the dragonfly for $600 new from places like pro audio solutions, so I will offer $325 and as i come from Australia I will pay for shipping as well which will probably be about $50, so $375.

Man, I'd love to buy the Grace, but I just can't swing it right now.

This is a good thing you're doing Chris.

Great guys...I think that's really cool.

Mixsit...none of your links seem to be working for me. Just says: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

What am I supposed to be seeing?
Oops. It's links to each item's 'clasified search, but I screwed up. Their for sale section is under a 'users section. You'd have to be logged in.
Hmm.

Oops. It's links to each item's 'clasified search, but I screwed up. Their for sale section is under a 'users section. You'd have to be logged in.
Hmm.

I'm logged into gearslutz, but still not getting it. I'm sure I'm doing something dumb.

This is a good thing you're doing Chris.

I've done literally nothing. However, one thing I thought I could help out with...when it comes time to start trading money for gear, I would be happy to use one of my escrow accounts to hold onto money/clear checks until the receipt of working gear is confirmed, then I can release money to Pete's wife. The only reason I'm mentioning it is because she's admittedly not an expert on all of this equipment, so she might not actually know if there's a problem with a piece of gear.

If anybody wants to do that, just let me know and I'll tell you who to make the check out to or where to wire money. I don't have an escrow account tied to paypal, but I could actually take credit cards, so there's that.

Hmm.

It's a GS thing ... those slobs :D
Chris you should link this to GS, A&A and all of the other usual suspects ..... that goes for anyone who knows of anything about the site kickstart I bet we could get the combination of all of the members across the boards to donate what ever is needed so this family has a roof.

There is as well members who don't come into some of these nicer forums.
Some other people can go into like the RAP forum for example and kick some attention around ;).

She inventoried some cables:

Prolink Monster Studio Link [2 Male] – (1) 6’
Ultra High Clarity Bandwidth Balanced Studio Patch/Interconnect Cable

Prolink Monster Studio Link [1 Male/1 Female] – (1) 6’

Prolink Monster Studio Link 500 [2 Male] – (7) 6’ (5) 2’

Prolink Monster Studio Link 500 [2 Male – RCA?] – (3) 6’ (2) 2’

Prolink Monster Studio Link 500 [1 Male/1 Female] – (1) 6’ (2) 2’

Prolink Monster MIDI High Resolution [2 Female] – (2) 6’
Maximum Bandwidth Digital Interface Cable w/Flexible Duraflex Jacket

Prolink Monster Standard 100 [2 Male] – (1) 12’’
High Clarity Low Noise Musical Instrument Cable

Prolink Monster Studio Pro 1000 Ultra High Resolution Studio Reference (1) 20’
Mic Cable w/3 Multi Gauge Bandwidth Balance Wire Networks

Prolink Monster Studio Pro 1000 Ultra High Resolution Studio Reference (2) 2’
Bandwidth Balanced Mic Cable

Monster Interlink Digital Data Link IDL 100 [2 Male – RCA?] – (1) 12’
High Resolution Digital Signal Transfer Cable

I should say as well if anyones interested the omni is a great piece of kit for its price, it maybe a bit long in the tooth but apart from two channels and a built in mixer its has the dmp2 pre amps in it and i think theyre pretty crystal clear for a budget...so get in there if I dont :)

Back