Looking for an EQ

Magnum Pi

Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent EQ to use during mixdown? I would like to stay under $200 and I will be recording all types and genres of music.

Thanks!

How about some more info on what your setup is.....maybe someone in a similar situation can chime in then. I use mainly software, but you may be looking at hardware stuff.

Dogman said:
How about some more info on what your setup is.....maybe someone in a similar situation can chime in then. I use mainly software, but you may be looking at hardware stuff.

Gratuitous bump but, I too would like to hear some on this. I'm mostly a softie user but often times I find myself wanting for a "lots-o-knob" parametric. I'm an old school hardware/analog guy comming to grips with the space age...oh...we're past that aren't we?

My setup is a mackie board recording to an ADAT....all contained in my small little home "studio" located in what used to be a bedroom. Mics include: sm57s, studio P C-4s, Sennheiser 602, and a LDC yet to be determined.

PSP NEON Eq is killer sounding, has had good reviews from industry gurus and is under $200. Linear phase too. If you havent heard the difference you can toggle it on and off as desired. Auto makeup gain is also a handy feature.

www.pspaudioware.com

Again...
My setup is a mackie board recording to an ADAT....all contained in my small little home "studio" located in what used to be a bedroom. Mics include: sm57s, studio P C-4s, Sennheiser 602, and a LDC yet to be determined. Also at my disposal will be a Lex MX200, NRC, and various other tools and gadgets. Alas...my question remains the same:
Any thoughts on a sub $200 EQ that can pull double duty as track EQ via inserts and/or full mix eq by being added to the mix down chain????

Thanks again!

Back