LIVE Setup help please

ElegyOfficial

Basically can I use a regular six channel mixer and send the XLRs to the speakers and could that possibly be good for a local concert with nothing more than maybe 200 people?

I could even hook it up from the mixers XLR cables to my preamp, then send the xlrs to my speakers to possibly make it louder

Please help me out here,

Basically can I use a regular six channel mixer and send the XLRs to the speakers and could that possibly be good for a local concert with nothing more than maybe 200 people?

This depends on the power of the amplifier and the speakers, any mixer can do any size crowd, but the amps and speakers supply the volume.

I could even hook it up from the mixers XLR cables to my preamp, then send the xlrs to my speakers to possibly make it louder

Got no idea what you are talking about, but if it's what i think you are trying to do, no, it will clip and distort.

Cheers
Alan.

Got no idea what you are talking about, but if it's what i think you are trying to do, no, it will clip and distort.

I think you got it in one.

The OP is thinking of taking the line-out of the mixer, feeding it through the preamp, then taking that into the (presumably) powered speakers.

Loudness at a venue is determined (largely) by the power handling capacity of the speakers. The suggestion is highly unsound.

And not only the power of the amp/speakers, but the types of speakers, their placement and the room size and acoustics.

I wuz gunna say there's really no way to answer. Kinda like saying I got a PA, will it work? No mention of speaker config, drivers, power. Are the spokers powered or the Mixer? Is there a power amp at all? Are we thinking we can just put the mics into a mixer and then straight to speaker?

Are you asking if you can take the mixer's line out's and feed the speakers with them, without an amp? Only if it's a powered mixer, or you have powered speakers. If BOTH are powered, hooking it up wrong will blow up your speakers. Need more info about your gear to know for sure.

Back