Linking a VS-1680-slave-to a Tascam NEO2488-master-....possible?

JonahPavesco

Roland being so big on the propietary tech and formats, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the dumbest question I could have asked. Still, I want to know what some of the MTR guru's think about the possible combining of two great but rather different digital mixers.

I love the Tascam (I started on a Tascam Porta02 mkII 4 track tape mixer) for certain reasons (built in CD-R burner instead of the VS's SCSI $1000 additional hardware for burning CDs, USB connection for easy link up to PC, Mix AND Mastering capabilities, 8 more tracks, MIDI i/o, etc...), but I love the Roland 1680, my first digital mixer, just as much for different reasons (better EFX with the EFX1 and 2 cards, ability to apply two efx from either card unlike the Tascam 2488 NEO which requires tedious bouncing of tracks to free up efx, etc..).

If I could COMBINE the two in some way, get the best of both worlds, that would be amazing. I'm already deadset on a Lexicon MX400 or 200 for an outboard effects processor, but I miss the Roland EFX cards and just the way it sounded and felt to use while fleshing a song out.

ANYONE know if this link/sync is possible???

Back