Lewitt LCT640 Polar patterns

Lazybirdpete

HI

I have a Lewitt LCT 640 large diaphragm condenser mic but I can't work out which symbol represents which polar pattern and can't find anything in the manual or online.

There are supposed to be 5 patterns: Figure of 8; Omni; broad-cardioid, super-cardioid; cardioid.

The symbols light up in turn left to right:

1. circle - Omni?
2 & 3 both circles with a dent and are identical so I don't know what they are
4. similar but with a teardrop at the bottom - maybe supercardiod?
5. An 8 obviously figure of 8

Does anyone know?

Also having some problems reliably switching between patterns. Anyone else had a problem with the action of the buttons on this microphone?

Thanks

Pete

The second one is probably halfway between cardioid and omni. That's what I've seen in other multi pattern mics with more than three settings. Otherwise you've got it right.

Don't know about the switching. For that price it should work.

It's going to be sequenced the same as it's listed in the manual. Just remember that cardioid is the middle position. Your lucky. I have a Studio Projects CS5 that has the symbols on a rotary switch that only one symbol shows at a time and the wide cardioid and cardioid look much the same. I have to rotate the switch to figure out where it's set.

The manual states if you hold the polar pattern button for more than two seconds, it locks the buttons from any momentary/accidental change. Unlock is also holding two seconds or more. Is this the problem of reliably switching between patterns, you may have unknowingly locked it?

omni - broad-cardioid - cardioid - supercardioid - figure-8

Attachments

• 640 2.jpg
    640 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 8
Back