Lets hear and see your drums!

coolsoundman said:
philgood,

how do you get a good deep sound from your kick? I have a Samson mic kit that came with a kick mic, but I'm having trouble trying to get a good sound deep sound. I added a piece of mattress foam inside the kick and loosened the head a little, but I'm still trying to get it to sound good. Any idea's?

Post a clip if you can and I'll see if I can hear what's going on.

What model is the mic? What size is your kick? What brand and wood type? I need to know things like head type, beater type and mic placement.

firby said:
My first set was vistalite. I got a gretch maple set and never looked back. I am glad that somebody is happy to play those drums. They seem to be coming back in fashion. The only thing good about them is that they are loud.

Vistalites are a whole lot different than Fibes acrylic shells. I have had Ludwig vistalites as well and was not impressed. You can not even compare them to Fibes. I have been playing Fibes acrylic shells since the late 70's and love them. I play mostly rock music and love the deep, rich tones I get from the toms. My snare is a Fibes SFT. I have yet to find a snare that sounds better. If Buddy Rich were still alive, he would tell you the same thing about the Fibes SFT snare.

Back