Lets hear and see your drums!

DuoToneBand

lets see some pix of your drums and hear some MP3's

http://www.bigupload.com/download_f...d_file=30DFCC7E

101_0615.jpg

I get the feeling that was just an excuse to show off your sweet kit :D

and the link for the sound file doesnt work

Nice set Duotone! But where is the china? :p . And why do the toms sound like ass? I cant check the link, my computer sucks :( . Is it because of the micing, or the drums themselves? What cymbals do u use, and what is that little snare in the corner?

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/tillingmyowngrave/FUNFUN003.jpg

Thats my set. Dun have any sound files. And about those tama steel mini tymps... yes, they are cheap and look crappy. But they sound much cooler than they look :p . Old Tama Superstars with a old Yamaha brass snare... and Paiste and Han Chi Cymbals. I'm contantly moving stuff around, so mys et looks different now, but its absically the same stuff.

tilinmyowngrave said:
Nice set Duotone! But where is the china? :p . And why do the toms sound like ass? I cant check the link, my computer sucks :( . Is it because of the micing, or the drums themselves? What cymbals do u use, and what is that little snare in the corner?

https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/tillingmyowngrave/FUNFUN003.jpg

Thats my set. Dun have any sound files. And about those tama steel mini tymps... yes, they are cheap and look crappy. But they sound much cooler than they look :p . Old Tama Superstars with a old Yamaha brass snare... and Paiste and Han Chi Cymbals. I'm contantly moving stuff around, so mys et looks different now, but its absically the same stuff.

I play dw drums. I have coated emperors on the toms right now, and they take too much tone out of the $4000 toms. I loved the way they sounded with clear emps, but their too boxy with the coated. The floors (16 and 18) sound fine, but the 10" and 13 are a little choked!

something sounds wrong with your recording duo, i think you need some difference placement or to leave yourself more headroom on the input gain for volume, or maybe the room?

nice sounding cymbals, personally though i don't really care that you have 4k dollar toms, sounds like a huge waste to me when you could have gotten a pearl SMX custom for half the price and spend 2k on some nice mics ;)

I know this is way off topic... but has anyone here heard/tried the bubinga omni tunes that tama makes? They look really nice, but no place stocks them. O well. They are about $2900 more than I can afford.

I don't think the toms sound like a**! They sound pretty full and round to me! nice and puncy! Maybe a bit louder than the rest of the kit. I like the snare, too. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the kick. It sounds a little mushy and distant to me, but that could just be mic placement.

And, of course, they are sweeeeeet looking!

the kick sounds good, but a little TOO full. I had it tuned with the front med , with the pillow only touching the batter. It sounded good in the mix, but not great by itself

Maybe that's it. The range of the kick is really full and doesn't sound focused by itself. All the other stuff probably blends within the mix and then you hear the presence.

Maybe you should post the mix, if it's done.

tilinmyowngrave said:
Nice! What drums/cymbals?

Drums are Tama. Cymbals are combos of Paiste Sigs, 505, Dimensions, 2000, Alpha, 802, Sabian, Zildjian, Ufip and Wuhans. I don't have complete sets of just one brand. I prefer to have a specific sound instead of a specific brand on the kit. I have enough cymbals for 3 sets of drums. Heads are all Remo.

I used GLS ES-57 for all the toms. The snare is either a 57 or a Superlux ECO-H6A depending on my mood. The kick is a Superlux FK-2 and a home-built subkick. The overheads are MXL V63s.

Back