Let My Love Open the Door (The Townshend Cover)

ZANDER1994

A couple weeks ago I wrote a song and someone here mentioned it reminded them of Let My Love Open the Door by The Townshend. I hadn't heard it before, so in customary fashion, I covered it.

My question to you guys is, on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate this mix? Please be brutally honest. I am thinking of possibly making mixing a side gig in the near future, but I just don't know if I'm "good enough" yet. Thought I'd use this song as a standard example of my work and just gather some opinions (either to validate or sober me up). I've been recording electronic pop for about 10 years now, so I'm hoping to take that skill to the next level.

Dropbox - Alex Cole - Let My Love Open The Door (The Townshend Cover).wav - Simplify your life

Thank you!

Catchy version of a really good song! I know the original well from years ago.

I think the mix is fine. Its got a nice vibe with some of that 80s electro pop sound. The drum sounds work well. You've got a great voice for the song. Very well done!

Good solid mix overall. I don't hear any big issues or anything. My only little nit is that the open hat sound (I guess?) sounded a bit sizzly on the high end to me. It was a little brittle.

Other than that, nice job on the mixing and performances!

Back