My Quasi-Recording/Mix Room Build

Tracking nothing! Just drop in some AC~DC and see if everything SOUNDS good!
Oh, I plan to. AC/DC is a good choice but I have a few CD's sitting beside me that I'm gonna pop in. It's like saving the best food for last on your plate. Turning on the speakers and hearing sound is kind of something I was saving till last. That and I'm afraid something is wrong and I hate problems. The longer I wait, the longer I can put off a potential solution. :D

Looks great! Are you thinking of using some foam pieces to combat the first-order reflections off of the desk? I've always found those to be a great quick solution (also easy to move for photo ops :p)

Looks great! Are you thinking of using some foam pieces to combat the first-order reflections off of the desk? I've always found those to be a great quick solution (also easy to move for photo ops :p)
Honestly, it was a fleeting thought a while ago but I never really bothered. I don't really have a lot of room on my desk for foam.

So, I fired up the speakers...and I found a problem. I posted about it here.

Presonus is off to be repaired, API pre is back from repair...now it's more buying of other things I need. Money, where are you when I need you?

At the ATM. You know, the one so conveniently located by that one bank where you can totally get a towing strap or chain around it and rip it from the foundation and flop into the truck bed and haul ass outta there and later cut it open with a 4" angle grinder and steel cutoff wheels and get all that free money out of?? Yeah that one.

FRIDAY.

I like the first diagram/floor plan. It got me thinking of how I might do something similar in my space. Thanks for the ideas!

Back