let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
From that last video i found this guy. :D

What's the best mic for a manualist?

I think that the SW Cantina Song and Bohemian Rhapsody are also must-sees...

Actually, you can see a little black condenser that runs from his black wristband to right behind his hands. I wonder if he's monitoring the mic input, too.

I just completed my new Studio which I built. Was the first thing I ever built, but it turned out pretty nice. It's 1150 Sq Feet - 2 Story Studio.

Studio First Floor has:
Control Room
Live Band Room
Isolation Room
Mic Closet
1st Floor Lounge Area/Bar
Restroom

Studio Second Floor has:
Huge Lounge / Pro Tools Mixdown Area

I just built this studio because recording is a hobbie of mine, but since I just added a couple of new GRACE Mic Pres, and the Studio turned out pretty nice, I might think about renting out the space, or bringing some clients in and make a small business out of it. :rolleyes:

The building was built as close as I could build it to "Studio" Specs as far as the whole building being exterior double sheeted, having double drywall on the walls with Green Glue in between each of the sheets, having the Live Room TOTALLY decoupled from the rest of the building and not touching anywhere, splayed ceilings, high ceilings, double windows, double doors, etc etc etc...and the list goes on. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, I just got my Certificate of Occupancy this Saturday in the mail. It's officially done (for the most part)

Here are some pics....enjoy: ;)

1a

2a

3a

4a

5a

6a

7a

8a

9a

10a

11a

12a

13a

14a

Thanks
AJ ;)

beautiful. I love the kuntzkoph. haha it's so creepy. DOes it come alive at night and feed on small children?

Ive been looking thru this topic - back 5 + years lol it is great to see all the studios

so many great studios

btw Terra - i love ur studio ........very very nice man

must have cost an arm and a leg ( maybe a few fingers also lol)

visualside.jpg

audioside.jpg

deskcorner.jpg

openend.jpg

i took these 2 weeks ago just an update on progress......

a lot of gear is still in my other room but thats packed 2wice as high so i am not even going there.

gotta tell ya i am imbarased :(:(:(.

i will fell a lot prouder when it all done.

and yea i need to sand every thing level:p it isnt done yet

when i am done nothing but aspen and oak will show

aw man-- you made it seem way worse than that!
obviously a work in progress, but it looks really good toon! :D
...probably a bit neater than my set up at this point... :rolleyes:

desk is 81 long x 36 deep

i left a part of it open so i can get inside and mount an iso box to the inner leg of the desk for the pc.

all 2x4 will be hidden with an end cap that hides the plyewood top

now i am real imbarased:o:o:o:o i wish it was just done...anyone got 20k i can have

aw man-- you made it seem way worse than that!
obviously a work in progress, but it looks really good toon! :D
...probably a bit neater than my set up at this point... :rolleyes:

i dont realy care that its dirty i just want it done. :D:D:D:D 7 more months and this place will actualy look good. i pay my landloard once a year so i just got don dropn 6k in his lap........now its G.A.S. time for the next 7 months

newatthis:

wow, very impressive studio! Great job! Where in PA are you located?

Thanks Webb...I am located in Carlisle, Pa (about 20 south of Harrisburg).

And thanks also Terra Mortim,,,,
beautiful. I love the kuntzkoph. haha it's so creepy. DOes it come alive at night and feed on small children?
Ya know,....Damn it maybe thats where the kids got to>?>? ;) Ya know I Googled a definition for kuntzkoph, and this page is the only result that came up. I am assuming you mean Mr Headphone Head>?>>? lol ;) ;) My engineers hate it and said "ok, now its time for it to find a new home, and get it out of the window area. lol

a lot of gear is still in my other room but thats packed 2wice as high so i am not even going there.

when i am done nothing but aspen and oak will show[/QUOTE]

Nice Tascam M-520. I did a few things on that board (well, maybe not THAT board) about 20+ years ago.

visualside.jpg

audioside.jpg

deskcorner.jpg

openend.jpg

when i am done nothing but aspen and oak will show
Awesome photos, Mr. Toon!

:cool:

I just completed my new Studio which I built. Was the first thing I ever built, but it turned out pretty nice. It's 1150 Sq Feet - 2 Story Studio.

Studio First Floor has:
Control Room
Live Band Room
Isolation Room
Mic Closet
1st Floor Lounge Area/Bar
Restroom

Studio Second Floor has:
Huge Lounge / Pro Tools Mixdown Area

I just built this studio because recording is a hobbie of mine, but since I just added a couple of new GRACE Mic Pres, and the Studio turned out pretty nice, I might think about renting out the space, or bringing some clients in and make a small business out of it. :rolleyes:

The building was built as close as I could build it to "Studio" Specs as far as the whole building being exterior double sheeted, having double drywall on the walls with Green Glue in between each of the sheets, having the Live Room TOTALLY decoupled from the rest of the building and not touching anywhere, splayed ceilings, high ceilings, double windows, double doors, etc etc etc...and the list goes on. :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, I just got my Certificate of Occupancy this Saturday in the mail. It's officially done (for the most part)

Here are some pics....enjoy: ;)

1a

2a

3a

4a

5a

6a

7a

8a

9a

10a

11a

12a

13a

14a

Thanks
AJ ;)
Wow!

I think I'd feel real comfortable in those rooms.

Very nice, indeed! :cool:

Ive been looking thru this topic - back 5 + years lol it is great to see all the studios

so many great studios

btw Terra - i love ur studio ........very very nice man

must have cost an arm and a leg ( maybe a few fingers also lol)

no no that's not mine.. I wish lol

Thanks Webb...I am located in Carlisle, Pa (about 20 south of Harrisburg).

And thanks also Terra Mortim,,,, Ya know,....Damn it maybe thats where the kids got to>?>? ;) Ya know I Googled a definition for kuntzkoph, and this page is the only result that came up. I am assuming you mean Mr Headphone Head>?>>? lol ;) ;) My engineers hate it and said "ok, now its time for it to find a new home, and get it out of the window area. lol

Oops. I spelled it wrong. It's actually. . . Kunstkopf http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dummy_head_recording They always look so evil, don't they? Is that one with mics in it, or is it just a dummy head?

These are beautiful spaces.

I have yet to claim one as MINE! However, where the band goes, I tend to loiter. Here's a pic from last summer at the Montsweag Road House in Maine....

From left to right - Mackie CFX mixer, Mackie Onyx board, some old fart and an AKAI DPS16 recorder. Some outboard compression is in a little rack out of sight where I can bang it with my knee on the way to the john.

:D

Attachments

• Mr. Coffee.JPG
    Mr. Coffee.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,355
Back