let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
console? you mean workstation? It is a Raxxess modular system 4 parts .... the 20/20's are the powered variety. I just placed an order for A7's so they (Events) may be out the door soon. Haven't decided to go with a 1 or 2 monitor set ,,,, you still have to learn them regardless :rolleyes:

yeah the workstation is what i meant & thanks!

Been a member of HR.com for a while and my studio has changed so much over the years. A few pics of my humble studio space.

DSCF00033323.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Vocal Room.jpg

heres mine
wallacepic.jpg

Holy crap! Dual 32 track mixers? Is this in your home or do you live in a studio :D

Ok... I have to ask... What the frick is with all the lava lamps on people's mixing desks?

Ever seen what a lava lamp does when you are stoned off your ass and listening to some kick ass tunes? Christmas lights on random pattern generator work well too...it's been a little while for me, but man that was cool:cool:

Ok... I have to ask... What the frick is with all the lava lamps on people's mixing desks?

You're not allowed to post photos in the Studio Building forum without one. Didn't you read the sticky? :rolleyes:

Some people.... geez.

:p

Actually, mine turned into a pilsner glass full of Hefewiesen, glowing all yellow on my desk here. That's better than a lava lamp!

Spring08022.jpg

Last edited:
hey

Heres my little set up and rack of barely anything butt hey it works.
Im just in the process of building a desk so I can actually have my monitors nice and far apart to get a nice image.
DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

From Justin Peacock (assistant editor) in the 20th Anniversary Issue of 'Recording' magazine:

"Love em or hate em, these have become modern classics in recording studios. There's some strange and undeniable connection between musicians and lava lamps, and few other articles of studio flair can create the same vibe. Maybe it's all the great music that came out in the 60's and 70's, the lamp's hey-day. Or maybe it's just the mysterious floating blobs that are fun to watch. Either way, you gotta have at least one lava lamp in your studio. Or maybe five. Though it's a subtle effect, their presence definitely improves the sound of my mixes."

studio03.jpg

studio05.jpg

Ever seen what a lava lamp does when you are stoned off your ass and listening to some kick ass tunes? Christmas lights on random pattern generator work well too...it's been a little while for me, but man that was cool:cool:
Being that I've never been stoned off my ass, nope I haven't. But I'll take your word for it!

I started building up my home set up about a month ago I guess? For some reason I never wanted to have a home "studio" and was holding out to work in a studio somewhere. Two years of thinking that didn't really make me any better at what I want to do so I decided to finally do something. I have a lot of plans for the future, just need the money, haha.

I'm not exactly new to the world of recording but I am new to building up my own personal space so it's been a learning process. I'm still trying to figure out what will sound best in my room however it has to be functional because this is still my bedroom.

As far as foam and other things, is there a thread here on where the best places to put it is? My room is kind of odd because it was added to the rest of the apartment. The apartment used to be a commercial space and now it isn't so there are 3 large rooms on the other side then my room which was added by building a wall to separate it. However there is a 1 - 1 1/2 foot gap where the added wall should meet the ceiling. The ceiling is also very high.

For more pictures go here: http://gallery.me.com/xfrancox#100279

Attachments

• IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_2808.jpg
    IMG_2808.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,199
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG_2824.jpg
    IMG_2824.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,197
From Justin Peacock (assistant editor) in the 20th Anniversary Issue of 'Recording' magazine:

"Love em or hate em, these have become modern classics in recording studios. There's some strange and undeniable connection between musicians and lava lamps, and few other articles of studio flair can create the same vibe. Maybe it's all the great music that came out in the 60's and 70's, the lamp's hey-day. Or maybe it's just the mysterious floating blobs that are fun to watch. Either way, you gotta have at least one lava lamp in your studio. Or maybe five. Though it's a subtle effect, their presence definitely improves the sound of my mixes."

studio03.jpg

studio05.jpg

Hey Bent! Been a while:)

F.S.

I started building up my home set up about a month ago I guess? For some reason I never wanted to have a home "studio" and was holding out to work in a studio somewhere. Two years of thinking that didn't really make me any better at what I want to do so I decided to finally do something. I have a lot of plans for the future, just need the money, haha.

I'm not exactly new to the world of recording but I am new to building up my own personal space so it's been a learning process. I'm still trying to figure out what will sound best in my room however it has to be functional because this is still my bedroom.

As far as foam and other things, is there a thread here on where the best places to put it is? My room is kind of odd because it was added to the rest of the apartment. The apartment used to be a commercial space and now it isn't so there are 3 large rooms on the other side then my room which was added by building a wall to separate it. However there is a 1 - 1 1/2 foot gap where the added wall should meet the ceiling. The ceiling is also very high.

For more pictures go here: http://gallery.me.com/xfrancox#100279

Hi!

What model of desk is that?

Back