let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I've gone all digital

no more monster analog desks heating the place like a furnace

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

1. Make photobucket account. 2. Upload pictures. 3. Copy the IMG code into your post. 4. Et voila.

No, I think he's talking about attaching the pics to the post--like the poster before him did.

LemonTree--it looks like you came close--there's a blue X in one of your posts--that means it's at least looking for the image...hmm

I checked out your pics in your profile picture gallery though, looks nice! I always wondered how those Yamaha 12's sounded like.
Do you use it as a control surface as well? Do you like it?

As far as the pic, right click on it and under "properties" copy the whole web adress up to including .jpeg or .jsp, then paste it into the "insert picture" field.

Mike

Here's mine...in the middle of a mix, so pardon the mess:

Attachments

• DSC_0612.jpg
    DSC_0612.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • DSC_0615.jpg
    DSC_0615.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • DSC_0619.jpg
    DSC_0619.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,076
Very nice, Weasel...something about seeing other folks setups that reminds me how fun this pursuit it--makes we wanna get something done in mine! Have fun with the mix you're working on!

I'm interested in the choices people have made. There are quite a few folk with their "racks" set into what I'll call the "desk draw" positions of a desk, some on the desk top & others recessed into the desk top.
My desk isn't bespoke or designed for the task just a bench that runs across most of the wall & is wide enough for a CRTwith keyboard & mouse on a thrust board. Shelving above & below as well as some draws in various places..
I've been considering relocating my minimal rack of outboard gear - currently on a desk top rack on the desk top & to my right so I can turn & twiddle. It also means I can drag it forward & around to change cables etc.
Are the "desk draw" mountings handy? Does it require a lot of reaching down? Is it the result of expeditiousness rather expedience? They do look nice & tidy - that's something I have difficulty achieving.
Any other ideas?
I'll post an image when I can get passed the mess.

I'm interested in the choices people have made. There are quite a few folk with their "racks" set into what I'll call the "desk draw" positions of a desk, some on the desk top & others recessed into the desk top.
My desk isn't bespoke or designed for the task just a bench that runs across most of the wall & is wide enough for a CRTwith keyboard & mouse on a thrust board. Shelving above & below as well as some draws in various places..
I've been considering relocating my minimal rack of outboard gear - currently on a desk top rack on the desk top & to my right so I can turn & twiddle. It also means I can drag it forward & around to change cables etc.
Are the "desk draw" mountings handy? Does it require a lot of reaching down? Is it the result of expeditiousness rather expedience? They do look nice & tidy - that's something I have difficulty achieving.
Any other ideas?
I'll post an image when I can get passed the mess.

Right now I have two racks down low in thier position just like your describing. I am not a huge fan because it is very difficult to read anything with analog meters. I put my pre's with analog meters at the top of the racks, but it is still an issue.

On the other hand, I am not willing to compromise my listening position block the audio path etc. My plan for rack gear that I want very near is to sink them into the desktop with the faces angled forward at 15 to 30 degrees or so. As little tilt as I can get away with and have good viewing.
Hope that makes a little sense.

Good talking to ya Ray:D

F.S.

Frude dude,
It's been an age since I heard a new song from you.
I know - moving, setting up, making a living - but you make excellent music too.
OK, down low is inconvenient but not as inconvenient as blocking your monitors etc.
I comprehend. Thanks matey!

Here's the centre of my little cave.
The stereo speakers I currently use as monitors (old ARs) are above - naughty I know but I know them well & spent the money saved for real monitors replacing the last dead computer. The audio image is pretty good & the Sansui amp, whilst not neutral, is again well known to me interms of colouration.
the rooms a bit untidy as I've only just set up the new comp & bit of stuff is everywhere but where it should be.
I didn't intend to upgrade to an LCD screen but it came as part of the package - I was bothered by the interference between my single coils & the CRT so I guess it's a good thing.
I don't have a lot of outboard gear:
an Omnisonic 801 Imager;
A behri "tube" pre;
Patchbay;
Alesis Micro verb & micro limiter compressor;
a Behri DualFX;
Yahama FX500;
Bluetube pre &
Altec Lansing subtractive EQ
all of which are centred around the orange INCA 88 breakout box & the yamaha MT100 4 track.
Most of the gear is linked to the patch bay so I can swivel on the chair & reach up to tweak something & I can read evrything.
the monitor position is a massive compromise - based on the rack I guess.
I need to look for a better solution - hence the question.

Attachments

• studio 001.jpg
    studio 001.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,288
  • studio 002.jpg
    studio 002.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,283
Frude dude,
It's been an age since I heard a new song from you.
I know - moving, setting up, making a living - but you make excellent music too.
OK, down low is inconvenient but not as inconvenient as blocking your monitors etc.
I comprehend. Thanks matey!

I have been working on this damn house for about 6 months straight:eek::o

One of these days I will be able to get things set up again. Right now it's all day seven days a week. It has become my job;)
Getting close though. Just have to get rid of the old house now and finish up a few things at the new house. The live room is done & it's huge:D Once we finish the living portion of the house and move in I still have to finish the control room and iso booths, but I am sure I will find some place to set up in the mean time. I get the itch pretty bad here and there, but even if things were set up I am so dog tired all the time.... well you know.

Thanks Ray. Take it easy.

F.S.

Here's the centre of my little cave.
The stereo speakers I currently use as monitors (old ARs) are above - naughty I know but I know them well & spent the money saved for real monitors replacing the last dead computer. The audio image is pretty good & the Sansui amp, whilst not neutral, is again well known to me interms of colouration.
the rooms a bit untidy as I've only just set up the new comp & bit of stuff is everywhere but where it should be.
I didn't intend to upgrade to an LCD screen but it came as part of the package - I was bothered by the interference between my single coils & the CRT so I guess it's a good thing.
I don't have a lot of outboard gear:
an Omnisonic 801 Imager;
A behri "tube" pre;
Patchbay;
Alesis Micro verb & micro limiter compressor;
a Behri DualFX;
Yahama FX500;
Bluetube pre &
Altec Lansing subtractive EQ
all of which are centred around the orange INCA 88 breakout box & the yamaha MT100 4 track.
Most of the gear is linked to the patch bay so I can swivel on the chair & reach up to tweak something & I can read evrything.
the monitor position is a massive compromise - based on the rack I guess.
I need to look for a better solution - hence the question.

Ya, I've been to a studio that had old jbl 3way monitors that he kept up high and it worked ok for him. The product I got from him was OK, but not stellar.
I think that the more you move the monitors from the traditional ear level "triangle" positioning, the more critical the rest of the room becomes as well.

Good luck;) I will be buying some wood to build a new desk when I get my control room done.

Well it's off to wish my dad a happy fathers day and go work on the house.

F.S.

Back