Last one to know-blues remix

Anfontan

Banned by eurt
Here is another mix of this blues song, adjusted some parts and added a tremolo rhythm guitar. Listen and tell me whats needed and what isn't-;)
Thanx in advance....Tony

The Link-
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8728546
The Lyrics-
Last one to know

Woke up to new dawn this morning, but inside I feel the same
Woke up to new dawn this morning, deep inside I feel the same
You played me for such a fool
So I'm left alone with my just my shame

I felt torn up this morning, and torn down the rest of the day
I felt torn up this morning, I felt torn down the rest of the day
I'm in the sight of a wrecking ball
Just can't move out of it's way

Solo

I felt torn up this morning, felt torn down the rest of the day
I felt torn up this morning, and torn down the rest of the day
I'm in the sight of your wrecking ball
Just can't move on out of the way

They say love is blind and they sure got it right
They say that love is blind and they sure got it right
You know it's so
I was the last one that didn't know

Drums sounds kind of fake. The ride is way too loud compared to the bass and snare. The ride is more prominent than even the guitars. The guitars sound kind of muddy as well.

Drums sounds kind of fake. The ride is way too loud compared to the bass and snare. The ride is more prominent than even the guitars. The guitars sound kind of muddy as well.

Thanks for the listen and suggestions, it's still at the demo stage so there are lots of flaws at this point. I'll drop that ride's level and look into the muddiness in the guitars-most likely that Tremolo track, I used an SG, might see what difference a Strat would make.

Good song, Tony. I especially like the vocal performance and the guitar tone.

cymbals seemed washy, like something out of phase. I thought you used ezdrummer, but maybe not on this tune.

Cool man,

Good song, Tony. I especially like the vocal performance and the guitar tone.

cymbals seemed washy, like something out of phase. I thought you used ezdrummer, but maybe not on this tune.

Cool man,

Thanks Dave, for me the harp solo was the biggest surprise, I hadn't played one in years and wanted to try it instead of another guitar solo. I used a cheap ribbon mic and went for it-the first take was the keeper.
The guitar solos were played on a Gibson Melody Maker-a set neck guitar with one P-90 and a tune-o-matic bridge-as basic as it can get.
EZDrummer wasn't used on this one, (tho I probably need to go back to them:o) the drum parts were done on a Yamaha YDD-60 electronic set-also totally basic-and I'm a beginner on them.:o
Les Paul Melody Maker--
2004MelodyMaker-crop.jpg

Hey Tony, the ride does seem a little prominent - I'd take it down a bit. Every thing else sounds good on my headphones. Cool groove to the song. The guitar solo sounds good. Kinda ended mid stream?? I'm guessing this is a recently revised version?

Thank you for another listen Ido, it's the most recent revision. I think I need to redo the ride cymbal part-it has a weirdness to it that reminds me of jingle bells and crickets in the mix....:confused:
The effects did stange things to it I think...

I dig it. ;) Blues fan here.
I think the guitar tone is just right. Great playin too btw... The harmonica is a nice touch too.
The snare seems just a tad buried. Not sure if it's just a level thing or an EQ thing. And maybe...maybe up just a skosh on the rhythm guitars.
At the beginning, sounds like a hi hat that's phasy or something. Maybe give the crickets a tamborine. :p

Anyway, I like it man. It's too early for beer so I'll tip my coffee in your general direction. :D

Cool. Love the vocals, guitar tone and the harmonica. :)

Would love to hear the bass guitar wander up into some higher registers once in a while...

Drum playing is a little hesitant sounding at times and the tone of them is tame overall. I think the ride is actually way too loud and very phasey sounding (already mentioned - but I just wanted to re-emphasize that, sorry). That would be my biggest concern.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it and it sounds good.

I looked up the Yamaha drum kit and it has Midi Out, so maybe you can use that to drive EZdrummer. Just a suggestion.

I dig it. ;) Blues fan here.
I think the guitar tone is just right. Great playin too btw... The harmonica is a nice touch too.
The snare seems just a tad buried. Not sure if it's just a level thing or an EQ thing. And maybe...maybe up just a skosh on the rhythm guitars.
At the beginning, sounds like a hi hat that's phasy or something. Maybe give the crickets a tamborine. :p

Anyway, I like it man. It's too early for beer so I'll tip my coffee in your general direction. :D

Thanks Dogbreath, I am sure that the drums need a big overhaul-redo the ride for sure and probably the snare as well

Cool. Love the vocals, guitar tone and the harmonica. :)

Would love to hear the bass guitar wander up into some higher registers once in a while...

Drum playing is a little hesitant sounding at times and the tone of them is tame overall. I think the ride is actually way too loud and very phasey sounding (already mentioned - but I just wanted to re-emphasize that, sorry). That would be my biggest concern.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it and it sounds good.

Thanks heatmiser, I was definitely underplaying the Bass line-playing it safe....:o

I looked up the Yamaha drum kit and it has Midi Out, so maybe you can use that to drive EZdrummer. Just a suggestion.

Sounds like a great suggestion Dave, and I bet I could edit them in my keyboards sequencer as well--now to find those midi cables..:confused:

Hey Mr Bluesman......
still sounds nice to me. I would put some lead licks in the verses too, kid of like a duel with the vocals, but that's just me....;)
Nice one!

Joey :):):):)

Hey Tony...I do love me some of dem get down white-boy blues...or *Italian* boy blues in this case..:D

The ride is riding all over everything else...pardon the pun..;)

Good playin' and tone on the guits..

I love the quickie intro...ride with kick.

Love the harp!

Vocals...smooth dirty tone...and I love the breathiness..it's sexy.

(Now, if I were in a bar...shotting Tequila...and you were playing this...and there was an empty table.....

Hmmm, imagine that at my age:eek:....uuuuh...on second thought, you might wanna imagine Lindsay Lohan:D
)

Blues, I love it man. I think I hear a few short drop outs, am I right? Did you mix to an old tape or something? the drops seems to go from left to right.

Yikes, the drums are a mess bud. Way out of time and they sound weird. That ride cymbal is kind of killing me. The walk up to the V chord doesn't work. It doesn't fit the blues scale and sounds kind of wongo. The rhythm guitars are subdued and cool. I like that. The harmonica and leads are fine. Just do something about the drums - re-track probably - and re-work the chord progression.

Back