Joemeek OneQ vs Presonus Eureka?

dickiefunk

Hi

Does anyone on here have any experience with both the Presonus Eureka and Joemeek OneQ ?

How do these compare in sound and performance?

I no longer have the Presonus Eureka ..... I sold it ..... but I still have my Joemeek OneQ and a bunch of other Jeomeek stuff if that tells you anything Dickie! ;)

My only "Eureka!" moment with the Eureka is when I discovered that it sounded awful.

The third one -- Actually returned the first two thinking there was something wrong with them. Figured out that they just actually sound like that on the third one.

I use the twinQ side by side with an Avalon AD2022 and it holds its own, which is saying a lot. The Presonus I have never used, so I won't comment on it. But I can say this- PMI Audio, the parent company of the current Joemeek, does truly excellent customer service. It is a company I am happy to do business with. It's also the only company I've ever called and said, "Can I speak with Alan?" (Alan Hyatt, owner and CEO) and had him on the phone in 30 seconds. That's simply unheard of.-Richie

Thanks for the replies guys!

I no longer have the Presonus Eureka ..... I sold it ..... but I still have my Joemeek OneQ and a bunch of other Jeomeek stuff if that tells you anything Dickie! ;)

What were your thoughts on the tone of the OneQ vs the Eureka?

Also, which did you find had the least amount of noise?

Apparently the OneQ has socketed INA217 opamps which could be upgraded to something like the THAT 1510/1512 chips?

I also noticed that Jim Williams from audio upgrades makes a PIP module that is designed to plug into an 8Dip socket and noticeably improve the preamp -

Audio Upgrades

I'm wondering if this will fit into the OneQ?

Thanks for the replies guys!

What were your thoughts on the tone of the OneQ vs the Eureka?

Also, which did you find had the least amount of noise?

Apparently the OneQ has socketed INA217 opamps which could be upgraded to something like the THAT 1510/1512 chips?

I also noticed that Jim Williams from audio upgrades makes a PIP module that is designed to plug into an 8Dip socket and noticeably improve the preamp -

Audio Upgrades

I'm wondering if this will fit into the OneQ?

The oneQ ... hands down should be the unit you get Richard for sound quality.
I have no idea about that upgrade for I am perfectly happy with all of my JeoMeek units in their stock form from the factory, But I guess anything can be improved on.

How would you describe the sound differences between the OneQ and the Eureka? Also, which has the lowest noise/hiss?

I've been reading that some people have found the new OneQ to be quite noisy!? Some have also said it doesn't have enough clean gain but from reading about this pre it has 60db input gain, another 10db on the output and another 20db makeup gain from the compressor!!?

Last edited:
Back