Joe Biden, good or bad?

• Good?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Bad?

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush lied to us, poppa bush lied, Clinton lied, Obama lied and on and on. Politicians lie. Full stop!

Fake news has been around for a long time.
DJ T didn’t invent it.

You can stand by all of that. It doesn't mean it's true just because you say and think it. It's your opinion - and nothing more. In my opinion - your opinion lacks credibility and is not based in observable, incontrovertible fact based reality.

I think you will find it is common knowledge across the world. They involved many others from other countries and a lot of people lost their lives in the process.

Last edited:
Bush lied to us, poppa bush lied, Clinton lied, Obama lied and on and on. Politicians lie. Full stop!

Fake news has been around for a long time.
DJ T didn’t invent it.

I think you will find it is common knowledge across the world. They involved many others from other countries and a lot of people lost their lives in the process.
I'm not going to find anything. Because I'm not going to go looking. I know what I think I know just like you know what you think you know. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. Don't expect me to agree or believe it just because you do. You see the world through YOUR unique lens.

I reserve the right to change who I am, my views, and my actions based on new and more accurate information that I receive.

I'm no genius and don't claim to have cornered the market on what is true.

But I am brutally honest with myself. In all things. I raised my kids and built a business on honesty, integrity, and telling the truth. I'm not perfect - but I am diligent in being honest with shit that really matters. Nonetheless, I fall short. Often.

I've read "Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media" - and several other critiques of the modern media. I took a serious interest in the subject during the run up to the invasion of Iraq. I became fascinated with the subject. I only point that out to say that I have attempted to understand why and how the media does what it does. I'm no authority on the subject. I'm an idiot. But I have tried to understand. I'm still trying.

It strikes me as ridiculous to say something like "we've been lied to for a long time" - with no other qualifiers or context. Of course the pubic has been deceived. But always? About everything? Of course that's not true. According to each of us - we use our opinions, world views, our unique lenses and understandings to make judgements about what is true and what it not. Doesn't mean it correct, or true.

It should be no secret that 4 people can eye witness a car collision at an intersection, each one standing on a different corner - and all 4 will give differing degrees of the truth about what happened. They don't dispute that there was a car wreck. and may not dispute many of the details. But at some point their ideas about exactly what transpired will diverge. And if any of those people have a reason to see things one particular way or another - this is likely to shape their account. So to is it with the mass media - and information dissemination in general.

So.... know what you know. Or think you know. I'm just careful to never be so dead set on what I think I know that I miss that I was wrong - I want to be wrong - and be better for it when I am.

Some of you have read my very strong views about Donald Trump. I come by them honestly. He is, in my current opinion, the antithesis of what I consider to be "Presidential" material, a decent citizen, and most importantly, a decent person.

I have my judgements about other presidents including the current one. How could I not? Since I started caring one way or the other - I have tried to understand these people, and others, through an honest lens. I don't come from a place of partisan politics or ideological teamism. I try to come from a place as if I knew that person, maybe they're my uncle, or a friends uncle, or other relative. Deep down who are they? I do my best not to see them through the media lens. Listen to them. Look at them. Watch what they do. I'm *very* critical of the current president. For what I believe are very legitimate reasons.

Nonetheless, I live by this mantra: I reserve the right to change who I am, my views, and my actions based on new and more accurate information that I receive.

Last edited:
I'm not going to find anything. Because I'm not going to go looking. I know what I think I know just like you know what you think you know. It's your opinion and your entitled to it. Don't expect me to agree or believe it just because you do. You see the world through YOUR unique lens.

I reserve the right to change who I am, my views, and my actions based on new and more accurate information that I receive.

Some of you have read my very strong views about Donald Trump. I come by them honestly. He is, in my current opinion, the antithesis of what I consider to be "Presidential" material, a decent citizen, and most importantly, a decent person.
Well I only know about those things because in one way or another they have been proven to have lied. For example 'weapons on mass destruction'. Not one was found. So I and most other people would come to the conclusion that the evidence presented was faked and people lied. What you make of same would be interesting possibly? :unsure:

Regards Donald Trump which this topic is not about. :whistle: Who cares? He is not the President. Whether he was and whether he was good or bad is basically immaterial now same as any other EX- president.

If he was to be the president again then obviously the people would have voted for him so they gets want they want. If you do not like that then it is you who has a problem. Whether he makes a good or a bad president IF he becomes one again, is just guess work at the moment and not really wasting your time thinking about it I would have thought.:unsure:

Well I only know about those things because in one way or another they have been proven to have lied. For example 'weapons on mass destruction'. Not one was found. So I and most other people would come to the conclusion that the evidence presented was faked and people lied. What you make of same would be interesting possibly? :unsure:

Regards Donald Trump which this topic is not about. :whistle: Who cares? He is not the President. Whether he was and whether he was good or bad is basically immaterial now same as any other EX- president.

If he was to be the president again then obviously the people would have voted for him so they gets want they want. If you do not like that then it is you who has a problem. Whether he makes a good or a bad president IF he becomes one again, is just guess work at the moment and not really wasting your time thinking about it I would have thought.:unsure:
"Well I only know about those things because in one way or another they have been proven to have lied. For example 'weapons on mass destruction'. Not one was found. So I and most other people would come to the conclusion that the evidence presented was faked and people lied. What you make of same would be interesting possibly?"

I read that three times and don't understand your point.

"What you make of same would be interesting possibly?"

Are you asking me something? I don't get it. Please clarify - if you care.😉

Not sure if this helps - but your not likely to find anyone who objected more to the invasion of Iraq - WAY *before* WMD was not found. I was listening ahead of time to those experts who had been there and said that they simply didn't exist. They were saying it loudly and publicly. The whole thing was preposterous - for reasons I shouldn't have to go into. And several hundred thousand innocent non-combatant civilians died as a result.

I mentioned Trump only to clarify with some of you who seem to think I have some blind, ideological driven hatred of the guy. I don't. I have a principled, moral, ethical dislike of the guy. I understand that it is somewhat off topic. So? Sue me.

I accepted his win the first time - and I will accept it again if that comes too pass. As long as it is a legitimate electoral victory relative to the standards set over the course of our history as a republic.

I dont assume you of anything. You just remarked it was my/our opinion. Well my point is........if it aint there, then its a lie or a magical vanishing event. I would say a lie. Others may not.

Liberal news reporter has his privilege checked at a Trump rally.
I'm proud of my boys up the road there in Radford, VA.
My kind of people. 🥃 🥃 🥃 :drunk:

Nope.
Garland's FBI goons used terrorism laws to intimidate concerned parents at school board meetings.
It was revealed in a congressional investigation.
I thought everybody knew this already.

Hmmm do I smell gas? Twist and turn your own words , deny you ever said or implied it to gas light your way out of the shit you created , stood in and then deny you ever shit at all...c'mon man you know what you said and implied. It's an effort in futility destined to fail when one distorts, bends and or fashions "the truth" to fit the storyline they are trying to sell.

1659207708918.png

School boards are local. I mean, they're all chained in with the teacher's union, and the national school board association, but they are local. The reality of the matter is, the be

So, did merrick terrorize parents?
IMO and what I have read so far No he has not...please provide evidence other wise if you think he has...

@TAE And please keep in mind this is not a snub on you, your post just brought up a broader issue.

All these ‘please provide a link, please provide evidence’ posts....Bullshit. It won’t be read anyway, or it will be completely dismissed as fake news.

What’s the point?

That’s just gaslighting in a a different way.

Evidence provided.....fake news
No evidence provided....... conspiracy theory nut case.

It’s a losing proposition.

Evidence is out there. One just has to look and search.

The independent media can be good and it can be bad. For myself, I have a policy. If I catch an independent lie to me even once, they are no longer a credible source.

Mainstream media had lost their credibility with me a long time ago during the Iraq war era.

To quote the X files “the truth is out there”
Not that I was a fan of the show, but it’s a good quote:)

The truth is out there, ya just gotta go look.

Quick story..... long time ago on an other forum far far away i was getting into debates with a science geek kind of guy (real smart dude) Over ‘chem trails’. Aerosol particulate spraying, geo engineering.
His stance was nope, all bullshit conspiracy theory.
In an effort to ‘prove’ me wrong, he found on the department of homeland security’s own website a document proving me to be right!
Yes, they were spraying the skies. But their claim was they were spraying particulates for the purpose of hurricane mitigation. That may have been so, but I think they willfully left out other reasons for spraying.

He apologized and had to concede to me being right.
Now finding that document took quite a bit of searching using the proper search terms, not an easy task as it was buried.
I shared this document far and wide, proud of my new ‘proof’.
Funny thing happened then. After a month, when you clicked on the link, now you got an error 404 code ‘page not found’. So the DHS scrubbed the page or moved it making it harder to find.

Moral of the story is The truth is out there” but you gotta look. But it takes more than what you can find via a remote flipping through the major news networks.
:D

Last edited:
Hmmm do I smell gas? Twist and turn your own words , deny you ever said or implied it to gas light your way out of the shit you created , stood in and then deny you ever shit at all...c'mon man you know what you said and implied. It's an effort in futility destined to fail when one distorts, bends and or fashions "the truth" to fit the storyline they are trying to sell.

View attachment 120165
Do tell us TAE, What is the purpose of having the FBI involved in local school board meetings, other than intimidation?
The local law enforcement is fully capable of handling spirited disagreements at school board meetings.
Do you really want to live in a society that has the secret service targeting ordinary citizens over what they say?
I sure as hell don't want that.
PS: NOBODY was hurt at any of the meetings.
That's all puff along with the "domestic terrorist" labels..
It's way out of line dude.
If you're okay with it, then I don't want to live in the same country.

Edit: added LSBA response to Federal Intervention at school board meetings:

FBI_school_board_louisiana.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TAE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back