Is this the Missing Link in my system?

Heymate

I posted a question yesterday and received no replies so I nay be halfway to an answer...maybe!! I have a stand alone Fostex DMT8vl....I have been getting so results when I mixdown to my computer (using a basic RecordPad) software...I think my problem (less than perfect playback) is a result of my onboard soundcard. I have researched other posts and want to know if the Behringer FCA202 F-Control Audio - 2 Input / 2 Output 24-Bit/96kHz FireWire Audio Interface is what I need.I will try and attach a clip of what I hear (with my cheapy souncard)...a little "wobbly sound" on the Mandolin. This is completly absent on the Fostex so I am assuming it is the lack of an interface.....As I mentioned I am a newbie to this stuff although I have major label record credits before most of you were born!!!

Attachments

• Wobbly Drone Mandolin.mp3
    205.4 KB · Views: 6
If your cheap sound card sounds like ass, I suspect a cheap audio interface isn't the solution. Spend a little more for an M-Audio Audiophile card.

Thanks for the reply....Do you recommend a specific model? I just need (Stereo in L and R) all my mixing is done on the Fostex and Recordpad gives me the MP3 file I need......Thanks again for the help....

Back