Is my Engineering skills Good Enough??

Pro Tools User

Hi all,

Im new here and saw this thread to post music :D Im wanting to start advertising my studio for clientel, but I want to know what you guys think of the quality of the stuff I have recorded and engineered for 3 genres of music. Please give me honest opinions, and if you hear something that I can fix in the mix dont hesitate to post your findings. If it sucks then let me know also :eek: lol

1. Touch (smooth Jazz)
2. I Love this Bar (country band cover)
3. Uh oh (Rap)

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sportzzz2003

Thanks all

The only one I could get to play right was the jazz tune. I'm impressed. Really nice. Most excellent mix, very clean, well balanced. I'd say your ready to charge for your services. Cheers!

M Havlen said:
The only one I could get to play right was the jazz tune. I'm impressed. Really nice. Most excellent mix, very clean, well balanced. I'd say your ready to charge for your services. Cheers!

Thanks M. Havlen appreciate the vote of approval. All songs should be working now. Again thanks for taking the time to listen bro. :)

Thanks fellas,

I appreciate the comments and you guys taking the time to listen :) Yeah my grammer is not very good. I blame that on the Detroit School System. lol

As far as gear goes,,,,,,Vocals, rode ntk, rode nt1000, akg c414bls. Drums, shure beta52a, sm57's and Marshall mxl603s for overheads.

Guitars are direct most of the time.

Pres on the digi002 and octopre,,, wanting a Vintech1272,, should be a few more weeks on that. For the band recording I love this bar it was tracked at school and I brought the session home to mix on the 002

Outboard
lexicon mpx550
Rnc 1773 compressor
Mackie Control Surface
Mackie Vlz 1202
Apogee 2 Channel 48k converter

Plug-ins Waves Renn bundle,,,,PsP Vintage warmer, and some simple vst plugs, oh yeah and auto tune :eek:

Monitors, Event tr6's

Not alot of gear compared to most people but it seems to work.... I guess I would love to own a few more pres, along with some better mics and a nice analog board but all in due time. Maybe even a HD system someday (wishing) :rolleyes:

good shit

it all sounds good man. just a quick question...how did you do the session for the 'uh-oh' song? did they just come to you with the beats all done, and want to lay vocals over top? it sounds really good dude. did you just record the beat off of like an mpc or something onto your rig? def nice work, compared to a lot of hip hop i've heard lately.

-nick

Nik6teen said:
it all sounds good man. just a quick question...how did you do the session for the 'uh-oh' song? did they just come to you with the beats all done, and want to lay vocals over top? it sounds really good dude. did you just record the beat off of like an mpc or something onto your rig? def nice work, compared to a lot of hip hop i've heard lately.

-nick

Yeah thats exactly how it went,,,,,they came to me with the beat already made. I just mixed the vocals for them. Ended up being 13 tracks of vocals. Thanks for the props,,,, appreciate the compliments. Im not sure how or what they used to create the beat. Hopefully they come back and finish the album.

Back