Introducing the Hot Carls

Hey Hat,

Buck up. Move on and learn a little. One of the greatest gifts in the world is to be able to put your self in other peoples shoes. Trick is to use that gift before you act.

When it comes down to it, theres' only one thing in this world that we will be rememberd for that matters. That's how we treated others. They will never say how rich or how handsom you where at your funereal.
They will say how kind you where and it will either be a lie or it won't. Everyone there will know the truth of it all.

Your a pretty cool guy Hat. Act like it and learn to tell your friends to F' off on occasion. If they can't respect that then tell them to F' off again and be done with them.

There's fake friends O'plenty at your age;) I'm sure you could stand to loose a few. I know I'm glad I did.

F.S.

Oh, Comon, This song is funny. your not supposto look at it with such a serius eye.
yes, this song should probably never see shelves, but its fun for a private listening ear.

no I have nothing against big people. I'm friends with a fair few of them.

but your taking a joke song far to serius.

I respect your concern. but just like I'm against drinking I don't walk into parties and start blabbering on about it's side effects.

hope you don't kill me:
Nick.
:)

I guess it just didn't come off as much of a joke to me. I'm a skinny ass bastard, wifes not fat so I was not personally offended as much as I just found it offensive and cold. I got no problem with "big bottoms", "fat bottom girls", "I like big butts" and the like. If this was supposed to come off that way it failed at least for me.

I don't want to kill anyone BTW Nick. I always try to seperate content and performance from the mix. I was unable too in this case.

As far as Myhatbroke, I sort of like the guy just didn't like this coming out from him. I understand he say's he did not write the lyrics, but I know studio owners that have called sessions because they don't want their name on things. I've refused to do songs that long time band mates wanted to do for the same reason.

Everyone can take what I said for what it is worth. If you don't like it I am sorry. If you agree with me that's fine too.

I'm prepared to just let the subject die and to tell Myhat that there's no hard feeling at all, but if you're going to put this type of stuff out for the world to see then be prepared for some strong reactions. The song was designed to provoke reaction and you said as much. I listened early in the day and walked away for 12 hours. Gave it another shot later and well the rest is history.

I will try harder to just not comment on this type of thing, but I at the same time feel that sometimes it called for.

Any way if I offended anyone I am sorry.

F.S.

Well it's number 90 in the General Rock genre and 19 in the Subgenre. I think a few people found it amusing. But its ok Freudian, I understand your reaction perfectly.

So anyone else have suggestions for this song?

myhatbroke said:
Well it's number 90 in the General Rock genre and 19 in the Subgenre. I think a few people found it amusing. But its ok Freudian, I understand your reaction perfectly.

So anyone else have suggestions for this song?
Yes, scrap it. Soundclick rankings dont mean shit.

I thought it was pretty funny. Warning: If you do funny schtick, you gotta NAIL it. Listen to Zappa, its funny as hell, but it's even funnier because the band is tight.

DavidK said:
I thought it was pretty funny. Warning: If you do funny schtick, you gotta NAIL it. Listen to Zappa, its funny as hell, but it's even funnier because the band is tight.
I think thats my main beef with this thing. Besides the fact that hat is a tool that has no business making fun of anyone, the playing just isn't very good. Even though 'drunken idiot' is the intended effect here, it would be much more tolerable and maybe even a little enjoyable had there been some talent involved. Hell, even Adam Sandlers joke songs are played well. :p

Greg_L said:
I think thats my main beef with this thing. Besides the fact that hat is a tool that has no business making fun of anyone, the playing just isn't very good. Even though 'drunken idiot' is the intended effect here, it would be much more tolerable and maybe even a little enjoyable had there been some talent involved. Hell, even Adam Sandlers joke songs are played well. :p
I'm not a tool. YOu're a tool. You're a weird tool, searching my name and shit.

Dude.... WTF is this shit?

Besides the terrible musicianship lol, definitely touch up the treble on the guitars, I also can't hear any bass drum. Your band uses a drum program?

Anomaly Design said:
Dude.... WTF is this shit?

Besides the terrible musicianship lol, definitely touch up the treble on the guitars, I also can't hear any bass drum. Your band uses a drum program?
I think I need to bring up all the drums, period. Yea its Frooty Loops. By touching up the treble you mean add low end like Andy said before?

We are square MHB. But I don't understand why you are worried about fixing this up.

It serves it's purpose quite fine the way it is.

F.S.

Freudian Slip said:
We are square MHB. But I don't understand why you are worried about fixing this up.

It serves it's purpose quite fine the way it is.

F.S.
Well...this part of a whole album that we plan on SELLING. It has to have a somewhat decent sound.

scheize I`m using a mac today and I cant turn this lousy song off.

It sounds utterly crappy, even for a talented retard like you.

you have more talent being gay :D

myhatbroke said:
Well...this part of a whole album that we plan on SELLING. It has to have a somewhat decent sound.

Soooo..... it's not as much of a joke as I had hoped.

You plan to finance the production of this cd your self? I went to a studio and wished I had spent way more money there than paying for 1000 cd's with cover art and jewel cases. Lesson learned for me. It cost the same to reproduce a crappy album as a good one. You better make sure you really like what you take in.

If you're going to make them at home then you won't get much more than the cost of a blank cd.

Good luck.

F.S.

Ouch, your planning to sell this? true, I would buy it.. but I'ts not gonna get you nowhere, if any label hears this the'll think your just some Indie, go no-where drunken fools. It's ok to be funny (like wierd al or arrogant worms) but it's gotta be tight, and talented. this sounds niether. you could use the same lyrics, but sing on tune, and I advise re-recording the whole thing.

hope this helps.

Back