Into The Sun- Power Trio Type

The big question...
Did power trios record as a power trio in the studio (as in three parts only)?
SRV Hendrix style with a fatter guitar sound. Actually better than SRV (don't like his stuff - heathen aren't I).
I like the solo panning - very 70's.
Is this all your work?
Pretty flash - I'd have been able to cope with another verse and MORE NOODLING!

The big question...
Did power trios record as a power trio in the studio (as in three parts only)?
SRV Hendrix style with a fatter guitar sound. Actually better than SRV (don't like his stuff - heathen aren't I).
I like the solo panning - very 70's.
Is this all your work?
Pretty flash - I'd have been able to cope with another verse and MORE NOODLING!
To answer your question, listen to SRV's version of 'Little Wing', just him, bassist, and the drummer. Very low key, totally smokin'...

To reply to the OP, this really kicks ass. My only nit is what I believe to be a cowbell intro? If that's what it was, it wasn't very convincing. Other than that, it was great! I liked the solo panning too. I almost got seasick! :D

Pretty cool song. I like the guitar fiddling. Love the solo panning. Reminds me of Ace Frehley's solo album. :D

I did play 2 different guitar tracks, pretty much the same, but slightly different tone, a touch of very slow chorus on one and some uni-vibe on the other. Thanks Rokett, rayc and Greg for the listens. Sorry for the cowbell, only one I had at my disposal. At least it doesn't need more cowbell :D

Sweet tune Riffmaster! Great energy and great playing! Makes me want to finish the arena rock piece I'm working on and do something bluesy--the problem is I can't play 'em like you!

And I think you nailed that 70's sound. I know the musical style is different, but I'm listening to Foghat in my car these days, and that vocal and guitar tone you've got going reminds of the 70's bands like that for sure!

Thanks Nightfire, glad you liked it.
Whitestrat, I still listen to a lot of 70's stuff.Trower, Mahogany Rush and it just rubs off. Thanks for listening man.
Oh rayc, I play everyhting but drums, they're loops.

Those drum loops are pretty sweet actually....

Sounds mucho Jimmie-esque vocally and axe-wise. Very nice, no nits at all on this one...just a sweet track.....:cool::D:cool::D

What a kick-ass riff! True to your namesake ;). This one moves right along...so how did you gain access to electric ladyland studios?

Thanks, I wish they could all come out like this one. One of the few tunes I can say came out almost exactly like I wanted.

Cool song. I dig the guitar tones and their mix.

Something sounds weird with the vox though, maybe it's my speakers. Hard to pinpoint, they sound...over-separated from the music. Like there's this rocking band playing over here and then this other guy singing over hear.

Anyone else get anything like that? It's almost like an imaging thing, the background music is sitting in this wide field and the vox seem pinpoint nailed in the middle.

Damn, this is cool Riffmaster !!!:D:D:D:D
Oh, this took me back so sweetly to the days of Jimi...I just love the guitar parts and the recording sounds great to me....well done and thanks for sharing:)

Cheers
Joe

Thanks joey, I think anybody that's ever picked up a guitar and got one bit serious about it idolizes Hendrix and I'm no different. I plan on a whole album of this type stuff.
Briski- thanks for the re-listen, I always either overlook something or just plain screw it up from the get go, so I'm glad the vox are OK.

Those guitars are great. Drums sound really nice on my set up here, for loops they sound awesome - I do mostly programmed drums myself, can i ask what they are? Vocals are real clear, well sung. Loving the vibe on this, this ones getting ipodded. Great stuff man. Take care

Take care

Gary

Those guitars are great. Drums sound really nice on my set up here, for loops they sound awesome - I do mostly programmed drums myself, can i ask what they are? Vocals are real clear, well sung. Loving the vibe on this, this ones getting ipodded. Great stuff man. Take care

Take care

Gary

Thanks man, the drum loops are from Beta Monkey, they are generally good quality and very usable. Glad I'm on your I-Pod.

Back