Interface issues

GuitarSoloGuy

Hi guys!

I am part of a two man acoustic group and we're trying to record an album. I was using a Cakewalk UA-25ex for personal solo recordings, but it has only two inputs so we obviously needed to go another route. So we bought an Akai Pro EIE interface with four inputs, the only downside is that it records in 16 bit. When connected to the computer with sonar running, It says that the drivers do not support the audio format in the project. I've adjusted my project to 16 bit and 44.1 khz and I'm unsure what else to do. I have sonar 8 running on Windows 7 64 bit. Sonar is up to date and there are no drivers online for the new interface.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a simple plug-in-and-play kind of guy so I know that this is probably a problem on my end rather than faulty equipment.
Thanks

What drivers do you have installed? I've just read that there are some issues with the ver: 2.9.42 drivers and that 2.9.30 drivers are more stable.

Have you set the audio options to use the Akai in Sonar? Is it set to Asio or WDM?

Have you tried creating a new project?

According to the website for the product it's records 24bit.

Thanks for the reply man!
I'm using the unit that I believe to be a step down from the one you were looking at. This one: EIE 16-bit Electromusic Interface Expander
The only driver download on the site for this unit (that I saw) said that they were only needed when mixing video and audio using virtual DJ, but I downloaded it anyway and figured it couldn't hurt.

Right now I've got the audio options in Sonar set to Asio. I've created a few new projects and still had no luck.

It's only a USB 1.1 device so that may be the problem. It may be that there are no 64bit drivers for that device. Can you try it on a 32bit platform and see what happens?

I didn't even think about the USB port. I actually ended up returning the interface, and picked up a Tascam DP24 and I love it. It feels good to be away from the computer for once. Thanks guys.

Back