Input Monitoring/Echo help...

Ricky Denim

I've been trying to use the input monitoring function in Sonar as i'm a pretty average vocalist and having some reverb on a performance would help me out a great deal. Im using an Audiophile 2496 card into a Alto 4 track mixer. When I select input echo on a track, I can hear the effect but it echo's/delays really bad.

I read the help file on muting the line-in input but it doesnt really make sense to me. Is there something I can do on my setup to get rid of the echo?

Thanks.

Have you tried sliding the latency bar to a lower setting? I keep mine around the 4-5 milliseconds. You'll never hear an echo at that setting. You can go higher than that and still not hear a difference,

In the tools section I think, there is an audio button you select and it brings up your settings. The latency slider is on the first tab of your audio profile.

that may be obvious information to you, but if not, then hopefully it helps.

I haven't looked up your audiophile to see it's capabilities, but I'm pretty sure that it can operate on low latency.

Now if you're using asio for your driver (I don't generally) then you'll want to press the button where the latency slider is that says something like asio panel. There you can lower your buffers and it will lower your latency.

Unless there's something else going on, which I can't answer, but someone here will.

Hey :) Thanks so much for your reply. I didnt think it would be what u suggested but damn it you were right!...i think lol.

I opened up my audiophile control panel and set dma buffer to lowest (128) and in Sonar selected buffer to fastest, which came up with 5.8ms. It made a HUGE difference. It still doesnt seem quite just right, but its definately workable.

Thanks a ton!

Back